Quarterfinals: Central Vs. South-Doyle

Rerun92

Hatter, I hope we can extend it another year. Again, turnovers will be the key. I think if we don't turn it over, we win. Crockett gave SD a hand full and SD just won by a touchdown. You know SD will come with everything. I say we load the box and make the QB beat us down field. I don't think they can! All that being said, I think we win by less than 10. 

4 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Hatter, I hope we can extend it another year. Again, turnovers will be the key. I think if we don't turn it over, we win. Crockett gave SD a hand full and SD just won by a touchdown. You know SD will come with everything. I say we load the box and make the QB beat us down field. I don't think they can! All that being said, I think we win by less than 10. 

the run game has really came along, and simbeck&craney aren’t asking Bolton to be fawver or Mitchell, just manage the game, make easy throws. That’s our recipe for success. i hope nothing is wrong with Horton,‘I saw him on the sidelines with crutches. we will need him if we want to win this week.

17 hours ago, AllRegion said:

This is the game that I'll be attending this week for sure! I look for South-Doyle to pull the upset (mild upset, I guess) in a close one.

AR, it's hard to determine if it would be an upset or not. SD was ranked ahead of Central most of the year until they played. I said at the beginning of the year that SD would be the team to beat in Region 2, they had a lot of talent coming back. Very athletic on defense! I'd say these two teams are very similar. The one factor that has helped Central in the past games with SD has been SD seems to shoot themselves in the foot with turnovers at key times in the game. And yes, I look for it to be a close one as well.

Central has been in this situation so many times in recent years. They've looked vulnerable, they've been maligned, they've been underestimated, and they've even been written off at times, but they always seem to find a way. I struggle to pick against anyone who has shown that kind of resilience.

On the flip side, it is really hard to beat a quality team twice in the same season. Since Central moved back to 5A, they've never lost a playoff game to a team that beat them during the regular season (5 for 5); however, in the same time frame, they've also never beaten a team twice in the same season. I'm going to stick with this trend. If Central proves me wrong, I won't be shocked.

SD wins a nail biter by 3.

On 11/15/2020 at 7:03 AM, dawgs82 said:

SD is big and athletic on defense, but I agree with you that our offensive line (1 senior) has come a long way in development and the run game is looking good. We ran on them some in the last game, hopefully we can do it again. With the passing game being simplified, the offense is clicking.

There are actually 0 seniors on the offensive line. Only 1 senior that has started every game on offense and that's Mr. Liam Fortner.

1 hour ago, WoodlawnFalcons said:

There are actually 0 seniors on the offensive line. Only 1 senior that has started every game on offense and that's Mr. Liam Fortner.

We have 1 senior but he’s not a starter. Starters are 3 JRs and two sophomores. One of the best OL our school has ever had Forsure. They don’t look like much, but their technique and determination is what carry’s them. They have a nice nickname as well :thumb:.