Dobbuns Bent-It att 825

STARSNBARS

I believe I read that many of the starters for D-B are Seniors? McMinn started a lot of Seniors this year too - a couple of them being Div. 1 signees - yet they could beat a relatively young Maryville team.  My point is that if D-B wants to get that Maryville monkey off their back, this is the year to do it.  Wishing an injury-free outing for both teams.

Will this game be videoed live where one doesn't have to pay to watch?

I was looking through the TSSAA online playoff program for this game.  The history was listed for each team.  Under state championship for D-B was "1960, 1959, 1949, 1948, 1947, 1945".  However, under state championships for Maryville, the 1964 championship wasn't listed.  Can someone explain why prior to the playoff system, D-B gets credit for its championships and Maryville does not?  Is there a valid reason? (Yes I know they got beat in a bowl game after the regular season.  I was there)

Edited by OldRebel2

20 minutes ago, OldRebel2 said:

I was looking through the TSSAA online playoff program for this game.  The history was listed for each team.  Under state championship for D-B was "1960, 1959, 1949, 1948, 1947, 1945".  However, under state championships for Maryville, the 1964 championship wasn't listed.  Can someone explain why prior to the playoff system, D-B gets credit for its championships and Maryville does not?  Is there a valid reason? (Yes I know they got beat in a bowl game after the regular season.  I was there)

Hence the first part of your name.

28 minutes ago, OldRebel2 said:

Can someone explain why prior to the playoff system, D-B gets credit for its championships and Maryville does not?  Is there a valid reason? (Yes I know they got beat in a bowl game after the regular season.  I was there)

THEY

DON'T 

US!

IT'S 

WHY

WE 

ARE

NOT 

THE

RED

ELEPHANTS

OR

THE 

RED

AND 

BLACK

ANY 

LONGER

OR 

THE 

CRIMSON

WHILWIND

ITS

IN 

OUR 

DNA

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, OldRebel2 said:

Funny how the 1964 team always gets the Shaft ... that's why I mentioned our 18 State Championships after reading the Article about the game and they listed all of DB'S pre 1969 State Championships . 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, pepvol said:

I'm Glad we Rebel Fans don't have to worry about our Coach saying anything derogatory about the other Team ...before or after the Game .  You DB guys would do the same thing if Derek had said a few negative things about your team . 

Not sure where and when the supposedly negative stuff was said, but the article in the Kingsport paper was full of quotes from Christian talking about how great Maryville is and what a challenge it will be, so the stuff is cherry picked out of context, assuming it's not made up entirely.  I don't think it will have any impact on the game either way.