Dobbuns Bent-It att 825

STARSNBARS

2 minutes ago, Indian2424 said:

idk if you can tell this or not but your making yourself look even worse. Its getting pathetic at this point man. I think Waco is right and you need to start over with a new Screenname

Yeah really, he's supposed to be at work right now pulling a 12 hour shift. According to what he said last night. No way this fool has a job.

28 minutes ago, tj3775 said:

So you are the eyes and ears of Maryville? You heard everything that was said? Did you not hear the announcers say on the streaming network that our coach was a fool? did you not hear the snide remarks they made all night long? did you not see the bus load of McMinn county people who came over to the Dobyns Bennett side And the police had to come make them move? Or when the police come over there and started harassing DB students because they weren't distancing themselves. or when they pointed out that the Maryville crowd wasn't doing anything the police told him to shut their mouth? And the list goes on and on and on.

I said I didn’t hear anyone say that DB was going to be a pushover. Did I stutter?  No I didn’t watch the streaming. I don’t miss games. I was glad to see the McMinn students and players at the game. We have them a standing O when they left. 

Edited by rebelwoman87
  • Like 1

One thing I do not understand is the lack of depth our LB's were playing with near the end of the first half. It looked like we were in cover 3. We played it correctly, but we have to understand the situation Maryville was in. With only 46 seconds left and 95 yards to pay dirt, why were our underneath players still playing 5-7 yards zones? Obviously runs, slants, and drag routes are out of the playbook at that point, so why not play your underneath zones a tad deeper like 10 yards and keep everything in front of you? This would have forced the plays to develop longer eating more clock and giving our front 4 more time to get to the QB. Yes, this gives up the short middle easily, but due to the time and distance I would be willing to give them 8 yards a play. I think they had multiple passes that drive that went for 25+ yards. Without those chunk plays they had no chance of marching down the field in less than a minuet. 

4 minutes ago, Tribefan98 said:

One thing I do not understand is the lack of depth our LB's were playing with near the end of the first half. It looked like we were in cover 3. We played it correctly, but we have to understand the situation Maryville was in. With only 46 seconds left and 95 yards to pay dirt, why were our underneath players still playing 5-7 yards zones? Obviously runs, slants, and drag routes are out of the playbook at that point, so why not play your underneath zones a tad deeper like 10 yards and keep everything in front of you? This would have forced the plays to develop longer eating more clock and giving our front 4 more time to get to the QB. Yes, this gives up the short middle easily, but due to the time and distance I would be willing to give them 8 yards a play. I think they had multiple passes that drive that went for 25+ yards. Without those chunk plays they had no chance of marching down the field in less than a minuet. 

i loved our LBs so lets get that out of the way, i loved how physical we were all year. Now to your point. We really only had 1 LD who could play pass coverage decent to really well and that was Jenkins. No offense to the other 2 but thats just not what they were good at. now idk why we didnt scheme to maybe play nickel or go softer coverage, but just My opinion

Edited by Indian2424

4 minutes ago, Tribefan98 said:

From what I've seen all year thay can't keep the play in front of them no matter how deep their playing the defensive backs. They let the receiver get past them 95% of the time no matter who their playing.

1 minute ago, Indian2424 said:

i loved our LBs so lets get that out of the way, i loved how physical we were all year. Now to your point. We really only had 1 LD who could play pass coverage decent to really well and that was Jenkins. No offense to the other 2 but thats just not what they were good at. now idk why we didnt scheme to maybe play nickel or go softer coverage, but just My opinion

Oh for sure. This is not a knock on the LB's. They have been outstanding. This is something the coaches have to realize. Even with bad coverage LB's, playing deeper in that situation allows them to keep everything in front of them and make tackles in bounds. We should have dared them to throw short middle. Instead we let them have the deep middle which was disastrous and maybe cost us the game. 

5 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

From what I've seen all year thay can't keep the play in front of them no matter how deep their playing the defensive backs. They let the receiver get past them 95% of the time no matter who their playing.

All I’m saying is the LB’s should’ve been lined up deeper. No reason to play shallow there. 

5 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

They were there. Idk if it was a bus load or not.  I don’t have eyes all over Maryville like some clown thinks I do. 

They must really be mad at DB to load up a bus and come all the way to Maryville to cheer against them. Not DB's fault they can't keep their paper work in order down there. Maybe it's not to late for McMinn and Science Hill to play a game. They could call it the Covid Bowl. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

They must really be mad at DB to load up a bus and come all the way to Maryville to cheer against them. Not DB's fault they can't keep their paper work in order down there. Maybe it's not to late for McMinn and Science Hill to play a game. They could call it the Covid Bowl. 

Several MCMINN guys sat in front of me, plus a Maryville fan at halftime concessions stand told me their team was there, so I think it's true.

Dobyns Bennett was a great Offensive Team.  Oline was very impressive.  Quarterback is really good.  Running Backs ran hard. Very impressed with them. How in the world did they lose to Science Hill? 

Maryville was impressive on offense.  Noah Vaughn is a weapon.  Carson Jones played great.. Offensive Line blocking well. Great team win.

• Like 1