District 1-AAA 2020-2021 Thread

TribalEmpire

I figured I would create one thread this year and just post from week to week the schedules...

Let's get it started!  Daniel Boone starts tonight!  Here is the schedule for opening week, that is found on coach T:

Tuesday, November 17

• Daniel Boone at Greeneville

Thursday, November 19

• David Crockett at Gibbs
  • Volunteer at Unicoi County

Saturday, November 21

• David Crockett at Johnson County
  • Dobyns-Bennett vs. Knox West (at Knox Central
  • Dobyns-Bennett at Knox Central

Boone at Greeneville should be a good contest to start the campaign.  The doubleheader in Knoxville should be a good challenge for a D-B team expected to be a contender this year.

1 hour ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

I figured I would create one thread this year and just post from week to week the schedules...

Let's get it started!  Daniel Boone starts tonight!  Here is the schedule for opening week, that is found on coach T:

Tuesday, November 17

• Daniel Boone at Greeneville

Thursday, November 19

• David Crockett at Gibbs
  • Volunteer at Unicoi County

Saturday, November 21

• David Crockett at Johnson County
  • Dobyns-Bennett vs. Knox West (at Knox Central
  • Dobyns-Bennett at Knox Central

Boone at Greeneville should be a good contest to start the campaign.  The doubleheader in Knoxville should be a good challenge for a D-B team expected to be a contender this year.

West 11-16 Central 17-16 last year should be a cupcake.

I was at the East tournament Tuesday night and will be going back tomorrow and Saturday. Pretty much everywhere I have been this year both football and what little basketball I have got to see so far, people wear there masks to get through the ticket gate and immediately remove them. Fans, coaches, whoever. If you're scared of getting COVID, as stockton said, don't go to the games. Face masks aren't going to keep anyone from getting it regardless. After Saturday, I probably won't get to watch another basketball game this season anyway since most schools in upper East Tennessee have limited attendance to families only. So I guess if I get kicked out of the East tournament in the next couple of days for not wearing a mask, oh well. So be it I guess. Nobody else is either. 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 8:49 PM, KnoxBball1969 said:

Is Farragut extremely good or is the new TN High coach that horrible? TN High usually is a tough team to beat. 

Tennessee High coach came from Sullivan South.  South made it to Murfreesboro last year before the cancellation of the tournament.  I think Tennessee High just is in rebuilding mode.

On 11/25/2020 at 2:08 PM, KnoxBball1969 said:

The irony of a DB coach not wearing a mask after their football team refused to play because of a false positive on their opponents team is quite jarring.

TSSAA states a mask must be worn in doors at all times. Poore and Cutlip didn’t follow that even though all other coaches and fans participated in “Stopping the Spread”. There are many concerns of a super spreader event next week when they play. I would expect masks will be worn moving forward.

Your post is factually incorrect relative to DB’s football team.