District 1-AAA 2020-2021 Thread

TribalEmpire

On 12/4/2020 at 11:15 AM, LINEDAD said:

D-B is building a powerhouse Basketball team under Chris Poore. Indians have 2 starting 5's and they can all score, inside and outside.. DB averages 78pts a game so far and are shooting 50%+ FG's. 

Indians play at TN High tonight and at Jefferson County on Saturday. This is going to be a fantastic resurgence for the Indians Boys Basketball program.

You're better on the football thread. Poore is better than the last two coaches at DB but It remains to be seen if he can build any kind of powerhouse. The schedule has been weak this year so I can't tell if their that good or not. They need more talent before I'll call them a powerhouse. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/23/2020 at 5:01 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

You're better on the football thread. Poore is better than the last two coaches at DB but It remains to be seen if he can build any kind of powerhouse. The schedule has been weak this year so I can't tell if their that good or not. They need more talent before I'll call them a powerhouse. 

He still building that power house or did he decide to wait untill next year

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Off topic but anyone have any idea who might apply for the West Ridge boys job? 

Not sure? maybe Pendleton that has been at Sullivan South or the Sullivan Central Coach if they hire within? If they open it up could be from anywhere. TN high assistants that got passed up for Mcmeans. Couple good young coaches in the area i would assume the coach at NG wouldn't stay there forever. or a up and coming coach out of the Big 7? 

Tournament gets underway tonight in the play in game its Boone at Cherokee. The winner of that game visit Crockett tomorrow night along with Tennessee High at Volunteer. Thursday winner of Crockett game at Science Hill. The winner of Volunteer and Tennessee High at Dobyns Bennett. Championship game is Friday along with the consolation game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2020 at 5:01 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

Maybe check that again. Coach Poore, in his 4th season just became the fastest BBall Coach to win 100 games ever at DB. Buck V Huss won exactly 100 games in 4 season... but that also included playing in the Region and State Tournament in his 4th season. Poore has done it with the Region Tournament still yet to be played. That beatdown on Science Hill last Friday was the way its going to be for a while and they will just have to take it. DB Freshman, Soph and Jr classes are skilled and fast. Only loose 2 players for next year. Best 2 guards in forever (both Soph) are destroying  opponents at will.

On 2/18/2021 at 10:56 AM, LINEDAD said:

Maybe check that again. Coach Poore, in his 4th season just became the fastest BBall Coach to win 100 games ever at DB. Buck V Huss won exactly 100 games in 4 season... but that also included playing in the Region and State Tournament in his 4th season. Poore has done it with the Region Tournament still yet to be played. That beatdown on Science Hill last Friday was the way its going to be for a while and they will just have to take it. DB Freshman, Soph and Jr classes are skilled and fast. Only loose 2 players for next year. Best 2 guards in forever (both Soph) are destroying  opponents at will.

I agree mostly. From what I've seen so far Poore is doing a good job of turning the program around. But lets not try to compare him to Buck Van Huss because there is no comparison. That's not even fair to Poore. 

On 2/22/2021 at 9:28 AM, WaCoJaCo said:

I agree mostly. From what I've seen so far Poore is doing a good job of turning the program around. But lets not try to compare him to Buck Van Huss because there is no comparison. That's not even fair to Poore. 

For sure can't compare Buck to anybody...ever. Just pointing out the great numbers. If you would be lucky enough to see the Indians play, all levels, then you would know how loaded this team is. This year is a really good team and may make the State Tournament and be a contender... but you wait until next season and on.

Poore is 9-6 vs Johnson City and the District tournament beat down (60-30) was a joy!