2020 finalists for the Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Awards announced

CoachT

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2020 at 4:09 PM, WarEagleCartman said:

So because you wouldn't take one player over them they're Mr Football worthy? Look I'm not about to talk down on any kids I'm sure they're fine players and most schools would love to have them. That being said if half of these kids wore a different uniform SP fans such as yourself wouldn't give them the time of day. Your fanbase has a horrible habit of thinking an accomplishment is magnified if someone does it with a P on their helmet. The facts are if you had 6 guys worthy of a Mr. Football nomination you wouldn't have an L on your record nevertheless one from a 2A (a very darn good one) with 1 Mr Football worthy athlete on their team. Simple as that. 

:popcorneater:

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

:popcorneater:

Not throwing any shade at the respectable Meigs posters, but I thought Meadows was gonna run all over Peabody today?

I said it in a post earlier in the week this week reminds me of Marion County talking about Zeman can run over the 86 bears back in 2014

Edited by Goldenpride

3 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Not throwing any shade at the respectable Meigs posters, but I thought Meadows was gonna run all over Peabody today?

I said it in a post earlier in the week this week reminds me of Marion County talking about Zeman can run over the 86 bears back in 2014

I think this year as much as any has shown what a fraud much of the Mr Football process can be. Just mostly clueless media guys voting for the best players on what they perceive to be the best team. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I think this year as much as any has shown what a fraud much of the Mr Football process can be. Just mostly clueless media guys voting for the best players on what they perceive to be the best team. 

Brother, one thing I’ve learned is that it’s not hard to know more than a sports writer in this state. Some are very knowledgeable but some have bad takes. Lake County had a guy last year that was hands down Mr. Football. Peabody in 2012 had a kid named Tavarian Barnett that ran a 4.4 and had like 1700 yards and scored a school record 30 Td’s and was not a semi finalist lol 

Edited by Goldenpride

22 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Brother, one thing I’ve learned is that it’s not hard to know more than a sports writer in this state. Some are very knowledgeable but some have bad takes. Lake County had a guy last year that was hands down Mr. Football. Peabody in 2012 had a kid named Tavarian Barnett that ran a 4.4 and had like 1700 yards and scored a school record 30 Td’s and was not a semi finalist lol 

These sports writers gang up and choose, its away to political.  If you have a lot of writers in a certain area and they all vote the same way, its hard for anyone to change it. They never know kids all over the state. They choose good players but hardly ever get the most talented kid. When you watch these games ,they are easy to spot.

3 minutes ago, BBRaider said:

Unless you watched Parker vs City this year  

I agree with this one.  Having played all the finalist,  Parker should be Mr. Football.  He was more valuable to his team, had great numbers on the year, and put it on us not once but twice.  Figures he would do well the first game but for us to have already played him once and know what to expect the second time around, he still showed out.  We brought the gold ball to region 5 and Mr Football should come out of region 5 this year too.  Just my opinion.

• Like 2