B.J. Harris, McCallie
Dallan Hayden, CBHS
D.C. Tabscott, Father Ryan

KICKER OF THE YEAR
Teagen Lenderink, Brentwood Academy
Trey Turk, Oakland
Connor Wood, Lexington

6 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

Agreed!  I am a Ryan guy and he definitely should have been there before our guy.

Looking at the stats “your” guy’s are better considering he only played 6 games to Montiel’s 9. More rushing yds and rushing TD’s as well. The BA kid is good and certainly has a strong arm (I believe he is a baseball commit) but if you look at their film you’ll see a big difference in ability. Montiel is surrounded by college talent and hardly ever receives pressure. The Tabscott kid is catching snaps at his ankles most of the time and still making plays. 

13 hours ago, Footballfan615 said:

Looking at the stats “your” guy’s are better considering he only played 6 games to Montiel’s 9. More rushing yds and rushing TD’s as well. The BA kid is good and certainly has a strong arm (I believe he is a baseball commit) but if you look at their film you’ll see a big difference in ability. Montiel is surrounded by college talent and hardly ever receives pressure. The Tabscott kid is catching snaps at his ankles most of the time and still making plays. 

I watched every Ryan game this year and 3 BA games.  I am not taking anything away from #7, but my eye test says Montiel; but that is my opinion.  While BA does have talent, they didn't walk over the competition; especially when the kicker who is also up for awards, was nailing 50+ yd FG's consistently.

9 hours ago, BreadTruck28 said:

Seems like regional bias comes into play sometimes. Also, I don’t like that they did away with the separate lineman award. It’s hard to compare with skill positions for overall value. Two way players versus dedicated offensive or dedicated defensive players. It’s like a mini-heisman. 

I completely agree about doing away with a separate lineman award. It's apples to oranges and I really wish they would bring it back. I also think, particularly in smaller divisions where it is much more common, two-way players should be heavily weighted. It's hard to argue that a kid with 1500 yards and 100 tackles isn't at least as important to his team as one with 2000 yards who sits half the game. 

• Upvote 1