2021 schedules

GREENWAVE84EG

4 hours ago, BreadTruck28 said:

Dude! Every year I think there is no way the schedule could get harder... I think 2021 will be the toughest yet. Oakland, BA, MBA, Independence, Cane Ridge, LA, Davidson Academy, FRA...

I think there is still one date open.  Needs a little more purple :)

Man I would love that. I enjoyed the games we had with each other years ago. Made both teams better. Unfortunately we have a full schedule. Besides it appears y’all have enough cupcakes on the schedule anyway. Lol. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BreadTruck28 said:

Dude! Every year I think there is no way the schedule could get harder... I think 2021 will be the toughest yet. Oakland, BA, MBA, Independence, Cane Ridge, LA, Davidson Academy, FRA...

I think there is still one date open.  Needs a little more purple :)

I wish Alcoa could be playing CPA, instead of crossing the border into Kentucky.:angry:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, JustinBuck said:

Would be a good opportunity for a loaded Oakland team to test themselves against a good out of state team since TN HS football is so weak.

Just looked at Oakland's schedule and kudos to them for actually already doing this. Playing the top team from Mississippi something Maryville would never do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustinBuck said:

Just looked at Oakland's schedule and kudos to them for actually already doing this. Playing the top team from Mississippi something Maryville would never do.

Last I checked, the goal is to win a state championship, so Maryville is doing just fine in regards to their schedule. Oakland is just trying to fill out a schedule, I doubt Creasy wanted to schedule teams that are 5-6 hours away. TNHSFB  is plenty good enough

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 10:32 PM, MidTennFootball said:

Looks like it, October 7th at Oakland. Oakland still has 1 open date to go.........

This is an issue that the TSSAA created.  Why can’t RuCo have every big school in the same region?  They send both Lavergne and Smyrna to the Metro region.

On 2/27/2021 at 5:47 PM, MidTennFootball said:

Last I checked, the goal is to win a state championship, so Maryville is doing just fine in regards to their schedule. Oakland is just trying to fill out a schedule, I doubt Creasy wanted to schedule teams that are 5-6 hours away. TNHSFB  is plenty good enough

As far as travel, money is going to be tight for a while. I don't think it hurt us as bad as most.  I think close by scheduling will be the goal for the next few seasons. I wish we would could find some teams that mirror what Oakland does. We would probably need to go to GA or SC to simulate them.

On 2/28/2021 at 8:15 AM, TomLHS said:

This is an issue that the TSSAA created.  Why can’t RuCo have every big school in the same region?  They send both Lavergne and Smyrna to the Metro region.

If it were up to me, I'd keep the regions the way they are, I'd just renumber, 3 would be 5 and 5 would be 3. 

:rolleyes: