8th Grade Practice Eligibility

NewToThis

On 1/17/2022 at 2:31 PM, tradertwo said:

I get it, but a coach could recruit players at your square dance. The underlying point is that facilities are just a place, and that illegal recruitment can occur anyplace. Our facilities have been used for everything from Zumba to charity auctions, and to not allow middle school access for fear of opportunity of wrongdoing would be unjustly penalizing them. People who intend to break rules will do so wherever and whenever, that's why the rules specify contact and not location.

I thought there was an exception if they were in the same building. Not saying anyone is right or wrong I just remember USJ doing it 1 time. I asked the same question and was told it had to do with the building they were in. By no means am I an expert on the rules. 

35 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

I thought there was an exception if they were in the same building. Not saying anyone is right or wrong I just remember USJ doing it 1 time. I asked the same question and was told it had to do with the building they were in. By no means am I an expert on the rules. 

No, you're right...that was discussed on page one. If the school is k-12 (or 6-12, ect...) with one principal, 8'th graders can practice with (even play with) varsity if their season is complete. Scotts Hill has had a few back when we were k-12.

39 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

No, you're right...that was discussed on page one. If the school is k-12 (or 6-12, ect...) with one principal, 8'th graders can practice with (even play with) varsity if their season is complete. Scotts Hill has had a few back when we were k-12.

Gotcha! I knew it had something to do with " if they are housed in the same building ". I remember they did it with T.Smth and Seals.  Thanks for the clarification. 

So I could be wrong, but I think HS coaches can host strength training and things like that, no sport specific practices, but you can not say it's only for 8th grade football players, you have to open it to any middle school students that want to come, and no high school students can be present at all. Please don't quote me but I think that is the rule. 

On 1/27/2022 at 11:49 AM, HCWCCoachV said:

So I could be wrong, but I think HS coaches can host strength training and things like that, no sport specific practices, but you can not say it's only for 8th grade football players, you have to open it to any middle school students that want to come, and no high school students can be present at all. Please don't quote me but I think that is the rule. 

There has to be a "middle school" coach present.  Doesn't matter what sport that they coach.  But everything else is spot on.

On 1/27/2022 at 11:49 AM, HCWCCoachV said:

I'm positive this would be considered recruiting if the HS coach hosted it.