South Pittsburg vs coalfield(Grider against this Henry man)

Roy Dillard

6 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

The big guy has made a complete 180 and is coming into his element.  I hope he gets some offers because his work ethic has gotten so much better and he is very coachable.  

I sure hope so.  I feel next year we may have more skill players but we will have to develop line play.  

I remember a good friend of mine that is a coach telling me before that game that we should take that game easily as long as we stop them on offense at least 2 times.  He hasn’t said either way since that game trying not to jinx it.  Well, we did, but we shot ourselves in the foot. We tried the FG because we dropped a wide open pass to the chest in the endzone.  They couldn’t stop us running the ball so I still say we should have went for it I believe it was 4th and goal from the 3.  Also we fumble after getting the first down which stalled a drive to put us up by 8 possibly 9.  Too many execution mistakes.  UC had a man-child at RB that year.  

We definitely had our chances to win that game and should have.  There have been too many should have games over the past several years! 

After watching some Coalfield Videos I just don't think they have seen anything like the Size and Speed of that Size. IF South Pittsburg can keep the Penalties at a Minimum this Game will be over at the end of the 3rd qtr. Just to much Talent on this Spitt Team. The scary part is this crazy good Offense would be even better with a certain Player thats riding the Bench in the Game. But at the same Time I understand why he isn't starting. .. Spitt by 21+

13 minutes ago, Geno said:

After watching some Coalfield Videos I just don't think they have seen anything like the Size and Speed of that Size. IF South Pittsburg can keep the Penalties at a Minimum this Game will be over at the end of the 3rd qtr. Just to much Talent on this Spitt Team. The scary part is this crazy good Offense would be even better with a certain Player thats riding the Bench in the Game. But at the same Time I understand why he isn't starting. .. Spitt by 21+

One of the top scoring teams in the state, playing in the semis, Ranked #1, 34 and 3 as a starter, a Coach who has won more gold balls than any other  1A Coach, A coach who has won over 250 games but we still have internet Coaches who know better. darn.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, rlh said:

If the Pirates had avoided drive killing penalties at Gordy, it would have been something like 21 to 28 - 0 at the half.  The Gordy score came on a drive after they got out of a 4th and 13 situation on a dumb defensive face mask away from the ball. That Gordy score woke the Pirates up.

Don't disagree with a thing you said, but penalties have been a bigger nemesis than the boys on the other side of the ball. I don't think this will change, and I have little hope for improved officiating. I worry the team reads too much of their press clippings this week ~ in the long run it will not matter, but could still make for an exciting half of ball. 

12 hours ago, team69 said:

One of the top scoring teams in the state, playing in the semis, Ranked #1, 34 and 3 as a starter, a Coach who has won more gold balls than any other  1A Coach, A coach who has won over 250 games but we still have internet Coaches who know better. darn.

But he's right the team could be better. And if I'm not mistaking I've heard you critique before too. But like I said before we know why you get do defensive. This team is good enough to win it all as Is but could be better.

Edited by MrLegit