West Tennessee Semifinal: Lexington at Haywood

stacmot

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Kelcey Williams was a senior in 1995 for the Humboldt Vikings. They lost in the 3A finals to Marion Co.  He was a beast of a running back and would have played big time college ball if his grades were better. He ended up at NorthWest MS Community College. Had scouts from the Dallas Cowboys and other nfl teams coming to games and practices but off the field issues ended his football career. Special talent though no doubt. 

Yes he was, I remember all that, Eric Westmoreland was with Marion Co during their 3 peat (I think). I remember going to the semi-final game when Humbolt played Portland in Portland my senior year, which is just up the road from Springfield. Humbolt stopped them at the goal line with seconds left to win what was a great game!

29 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Back to the game, from watching a lil film on Lexington looks like they have e basically two main runners mains good road graters

That is it in a nutshell, their ability to pass entirely relies on you falling asleep and not being ready for it, if you stop their run, your chances to win increases significantly..... 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JacketLover said:

I watched that game earlier this year. SGC was impressive in that one. 

Thanks man, Coach Stidham always finds a way to get the most and then some out of the kids that come out to play football for him. Our season did not end the way we wanted it to end..... BUT we had a heck of a season especially considering everything that we lost from last years team. This year was our programs first ever appearance in the quarterfinals. 

1 hour ago, tigerpride22 said:

So what about this game?  Holy crap go start a thread on 90’s football!!

I haven't seen many Big Red fans posting on this thread.  Their input would help keep the thread on track.

Do you have any prediction as to who you think might win this game and why?

What do you think are some of Lexington's strengths and weaknesses?  What are some of Haywood's strengths and weaknesses?  What do you think  Haywood and/or Lexington need  to do to win?

Tell us more about Jordan Smith?  I know he runs the ball well, and I know about his outstanding performance against Hardin Co.  What about his passing game?  Thanks to the Jackson Sun, I know that Isiah McClaine is the leading rusher in West Tennessee, and I know Connor Wood is a finalist for kicker of the year.  Who are some of the other Tiger standouts?

Holy crap!  You made the complaint.  You get the discussion started.

Go Tomcats!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JacketLover said:

Fair enough, but just so I’m clear, who is the we that has beaten us the last two times we’ve played. I’m not trying to make a “scene” or anything. Just want to be clear on who you support since you are new on here. My allegiance is is clear, and I respect the Haywood faithful on here. We’ve had good back and forth on here the last few years. 

I have been on coacht since 2011. I’m far from new. I haven’t been very active the past couple years. I am a Lexington alumni. I played football here from 2004-2007. Now that we are being civil I will say I expected us to be playing Springfield instead of Hardin Friday. To be honest I’m glad we had to play Hardin instead. I don’t agree that we don’t match up well with Haywood though. I was more worried about Springfield than Haywood. I’m expecting a low scoring game against Haywood. Hopefully we can pull out a win. We would love to see our boys make it to the state championship. To the best of my knowledge that’s never happened here. I’m gonna say Lexington pulls it out 17-14 in a nail biter. Our kicker makes the difference. 

3 hours ago, TheGreek said:

I have been on coacht since 2011. I’m far from new. I haven’t been very active the past couple years. I am a Lexington alumni. I played football here from 2004-2007. Now that we are being civil I will say I expected us to be playing Springfield instead of Hardin Friday. To be honest I’m glad we had to play Hardin instead. I don’t agree that we don’t match up well with Haywood though. I was more worried about Springfield than Haywood. I’m expecting a low scoring game against Haywood. Hopefully we can pull out a win. We would love to see our boys make it to the state championship. To the best of my knowledge that’s never happened here. I’m gonna say Lexington pulls it out 17-14 in a nail biter. Our kicker makes the difference. 

I  will say good luck as I am not pulling for either side, knowing the feeling of making it to Cookeville I am happy for both programs even though I would rather us be there. I have to admit that I have been spoiled by our success the last several years. I believe we will still be competitive in 5A and have a chance to make deep playoff runs but the road will probably be more difficult...

I like  our match up in the skilled position, our backs are running extremely hard, Evans has found his 6th gear at the right time, for us you can’t really key one guy, we spread the ball around to every one. Defensively we have size at all positions physical at the point of attack, line backers read well, we’ll have to force Lexington to throw more then they do if we want to win this game.