West Tennessee Semifinal: Lexington at Haywood

stacmot

21 hours ago, stacmot said:

Just trying to give a fair evaluation of your post.  Haywood learned a lot, but Lexington played some good teams as well, so I would think the Tigers learned a lot too.

Lexington lost to Milan but defeated Hardin Co. (twice), South Gibson, and Creek Wood

Haywood lost to Henry Co., Covington, and South Gibson.

Since Lexington was more successful against some very good teams, I just don't think we (Haywood) need to be trying to sell this argument as an advantage for Haywood..

Don't get me wrong.  I want Haywood to win.  I just want to be fair about what we post.

I am just saying we are battle tested and  ready for the challenge The Tomcats look good in practice all week

Edited by 802Tomcat
Type o

23 hours ago, stacmot said:

Just trying to give a fair evaluation of your post.  Haywood learned a lot, but Lexington played some good teams as well, so I would think the Tigers learned a lot too.

Lexington lost to Milan but defeated Hardin Co. (twice), South Gibson, and Creek Wood

Haywood lost to Henry Co., Covington, and South Gibson.

Since Lexington was more successful against some very good teams, I just don't think we (Haywood) need to be trying to sell this argument as an advantage for Haywood..

Don't get me wrong.  I want Haywood to win.  I just want to be fair about what we post.

You have been very fair. However, I think we can throw records out the window at this point. I hope for an injury free game. My son is a senior on the Lexington team, and I hope we pull it off. Either way, I'm just glad we had a season because his junior year of baseball got killed by Covid. I don't want any of that for these football teams.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, 1Eugatnom said:

You have been very fair. However, I think we can throw records out the window at this point. I hope for an injury free game. My son is a senior on the Lexington team, and I hope we pull it off. Either way, I'm just glad we had a season because his junior year of baseball got killed by Covid. I don't want any of that for these football teams.

Thanks, I try to be generic and fair with my posts, but at times I do get led astray. 

I agree.  Records don't really matter at this point, and I pray for an injury free game as well.  I'm happy that all these guys have had the opportunity to have a football season, and I hope that winter and spring sports will be able to have a complete season too.  I felt so sorry for the players when the basketball tournaments and spring sports were cancelled last season, but I know that the powers to be felt it was necessary to protect the health of the players, fans, and community as well as contain the spread of the virus.

I feel terrible for teams that have had to forfeit playoff games this season.  The stories of Covington, McMinn Co., and others were heartbreaking.

Even though we'll be cheering for different teams tomorrow night, I do wish both teams the best of luck.  And if Lexington wins, I'll be cheering for your son and the the rest of the Big Red Tigers in Cookeville. 

I've heard rumors that Lexington and Haywood have scheduled a regular season game for next year.  Do you know if that's true?

I'm excited!  The Tigers and Tomcats will be on stage  in less than 24 hours.  Safe travels to the Lexington team and faithful as you make the journey to and from Brownsville. 

Edited by stacmot

15 hours ago, stacmot said:

Thanks, I try to be generic and fair with my posts, but at times I do get led astray. 

I agree.  Records don't really matter at this point, and I pray for an injury free game as well.  I'm happy that all these guys have had the opportunity to have a football season, and I hope that winter and spring sports will be able to have a complete season too.  I felt so sorry for the players when the basketball tournaments and spring sports were cancelled last season, but I know that the powers to be felt it was necessary to protect the health of the players, fans, and community as well as contain the spread of the virus.

I feel terrible for teams that have had to forfeit playoff games this season.  The stories of Covington, McMinn Co., and others were heartbreaking.

Even though we'll be cheering for different teams tomorrow night, I do wish both teams the best of luck.  And if Lexington wins, I'll be cheering for your son and the the rest of the Big Red Tigers in Cookeville. 

I've heard rumors that Lexington and Haywood have scheduled a regular season game for next year.  Do you know if that's true?

I'm excited!  The Tigers and Tomcats will be on stage  in less than 24 hours.  Safe travels to the Lexington team and faithful as you make the journey to and from Brownsville. 

I don't know if Lexington has scheduled Haywood next year or not, but it would be great if they did. I'm a fan off a tough regular season schedule. I have one son that will be leaving after this season but another one that will be a freshman next year.

It's game day. We pray for an injury free game. I'm think Lexington pulls this one out. The know they will have to grind it out to win this one. I think they are up for it.