Milan vs Pearl Cohn 3A semi-final

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

57 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/trippcrane/status/1331362923449638914?s=20

Welp it is official. Milan has no chance Friday.  At least the editors of various newspapers across the state think we don’t. 

Yea I seen that yesterday along with the replies/ @ to the kids from the parents and fans etc. “Hang that in the locker room”Control what you can control. 

19 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Interesting note.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before now or not. Take a look at the strength of schedules. I excluded Collierville from the win total list from Milan because it was a Covid win. 

PC's opponents overall win loss record is : 44-46 ( 48% )

Milan's opponents overall win loss record is : 78-38 ( 67% ) This is crazy. I have heard of scheduling tough teams in the regular season to get ready for the playoffs but this is nuts. 

Only 2 of the teams that Milan played this year had a losing record. All but the 2 with losing records made the playoffs. 3 of those teams are now in the state semi finals in their respective classes. I think this is another advantage for Milan. 

Which that can be tricky because most of the teams on our schedule didn’t play a full season and no where near bums. Then you had to add some of them was Covid games.

Edited by FBfan26

40 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Speak for yourself but that run down was impressive. For the record he typed it on Pearl Cohn tread so it's very much validate.

Thanks.  I find it funny that he said "nobody cares" and yet he's the one who quoted my post.  Sometimes it's best to just shake your head and chat with someone who has a clue.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

It's insane to not give a coach this successful his due for his accomplishments.  

Tony Brunetti began his teaching/coaching career in the fall of 1997 at Cheatham County Central High School.  He was there for 5 years and still lives in Ashland City to this day.

Overall Coach Brunetti is currently on year number 24 as an educator in Tennessee.  Let's say for just a moment that God continues to bless him and his family and that he remains the head football coach at Pearl-Cohn for the next 6 years through the 2026 high school football season.    Looking at the numbers we are talking about a head football coach with a realistic opportunity at winning 200 games as a head football coach at one stop before he decides to call it a career.  There cannot be much more than 50 coaches in the history of Tennessee High School Football (all classes) to ever say that they've reached the 200 win plateau.  That's an incredible accomplishment should he get there.  

Coach Brunetti has done an incredible job at Pearl-Cohn.  Anyone who disputes that is simply misinformed.  The numbers do not lie.

• 132-58 Overall Record in 15 years (2006-2020)
  • 10x Region/District Championships
  • 2x State Runner-Up
  • 8x State Semifinals
  • 10x State Quarterfinals

He took the job in February of 2006 following the resignation of legendary head football coach Maurice Fitzgerald in December of 2005.  Brunetti served as an assistant coach on Maurice's staff for 4 years (2002-2005).  Coach Fitzgerald's resume is just as impressive.

• 104-89 Overall Record at Pearl-Cohn in 17 years (1989-2005)
  • 44-23 Overall Record at Stratford (2015-2016) and Hillsboro (2017-2020) the last 6 years
  • 148-112 Overall Record in 23 years
  • 4x Region/District Championships at PC; 6x Overall including SHS & HHS
  • 2x State Championships (1996 & 1997)
  • 2x State Semifinals 
  • 3x State Quarterfinals at PC; 4x Overall including HHS

Golden Rule #1 as a head coaching candidate if you want to give yourself the best opportunity possible to have a long, successful career:

"Don't be the man that succeeds THE MAN.  If you want to succeed the man that succeeded THE MAN then by all means go right ahead.  Taking on the task of trying to succeed THE MAN often times leads to impossible expectations and can have catastrophic results."

Need Proof?  Who was Jeff Morris' successor at Milan?  

I would say that Coach Brunetti has done a great job of following in the footsteps of THE MAN as far as football at Pearl-Cohn is concerned.  You can ask coaches on his staff.  You can ask people in the stands.  You can ask people across the board in Metro.  They'll all tell you that Maurice Fitzgerald was THE MAN at Pearl-Cohn.  Those 1996 and 1997 State Championship seasons will live on forever at Pearl-Cohn.  Honestly the 1997 team (I know they were 14-1) is still in my opinion the greatest defensive high school football team to ever step between the lines in Tennessee high school football history.  They had Division I talent all over the place.  

All that record stuff is out the window. The fact is that the fire chickens fold under pressure. There semi-record is trash. 247 said it best. I thinking Milan will win this by 14 points. They have nothing to lose. Everybody is going against milan. Even the the writers chose the Firechickens. I will eat my crow if wrong but I don’t see it.