Milan vs Pearl Cohn 3A semi-final

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

For all of the neighbors that are coming from the mid part of state, let me tell you not to eat too much because we have some fine eating places around here that I hope you stop in and try out. Not sure about y'all but I prefer to eat and shop local. Especially during these times. Also, do you really want to eat food from the same ole fast food joint that is in your home town??? Of course not. Try some of our local places out. I promise not lead you wrong.  

In Milan you must consider Chow Wagon. It is nested right next to the stadium and it is fantastic! A little diner with some great food. My favorite is the Patty Melt. You also, should try one of the milk shakes. 

If you want to stop before you get into Milan and love Pizza, I would highly, highly, recommend Mazzetties pizza in Medina. It is on the way to Milan and they have true Chicago style pizza. Both of the owners are from Chi town and have done it up right. My favorite is the Deep dish meat lovers. Google them, call ahead and they will bring your grub right out to your car. Owners are good Christian people that really want to serve. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

You look at the privates there and they are going to school and participating in athletics. I feel the athletics should’ve happened there, but that board is stubborn with wanting to disassociate themselves with the TSSAA. 

I completely understand wanting to disassociate with the TSSAA. I can make a month long thread about the problems with it.... 

Memphis is kind of like a box of chocolates. You really never know what you are going to get. I however, agree with them about parting ways with the TSSAA. I do not agree with most things that come out of Memphis but wanting to cut out the TSSAA is something I can get on board with. 

Even if we do not do completely away with them we should have some major fundamental changes to the operation, transparency, leadership, and them taking so dang much of the schools gate money in regards to playoff ticket sales. I personally find it nuts they have so many people drawing mega salaries to have an operation that is supposed to be a governing body over high school sports. 

32 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

I completely understand wanting to disassociate with the TSSAA. I can make a month long thread about the problems with it.... 

Memphis is kind of like a box of chocolates. You really never know what you are going to get. I however, agree with them about parting ways with the TSSAA. I do not agree with most things that come out of Memphis but wanting to cut out the TSSAA is something I can get on board with. 

Even if we do not do completely away with them we should have some major fundamental changes to the operation, transparency, leadership, and them taking so dang much of the schools gate money in regards to playoff ticket sales. I personally find it nuts they have so many people drawing mega salaries to have an operation that is supposed to be a governing body over high school sports. 

Yes I can too, I just don’t like the approach to their reasoning. I’ve always said when you get in the playoffs and you play a Memphis team it’s different than playing a school from Nashville or up that area because you rarely hear from them schools in Memphis. I’ve always scratched my head why they are TSSAA anyways

8 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

You talking about salaries you might want to look at the other states then.

Edited by EastNasty

It’s thanksgiving and we all have lots to be thankful for. First I am thankful that the young men that play the great game of football we all love got to do that this year. Just a few short months ago it didn’t look like it. As a Milan supporter I am glad we get to watch our boys play the day after Thanksgiving. It will be the 19th semi final game in Milan Bulldawg history although our local newspaper said its the 15th. We haven’t played in one in a few years so I hope everyone enjoys and soaks it all in. I hope the boys enjoy their practice this morning. It is truly special to be one of the few teams left practicing on thanksgiving day. I am thankful that we get to play a fantastic team like Pearl Cohn. They are very talented and I have the upmost respect for their program.  Safe travels tomorrow for all the firebird faithful.  So eat up today boys. Enjoy quality time with friends and family cause days like today are truly special. Get ready to put it all on the line tomorrow. Cause a trip to Cookeville is your reward. You can do this. The whole town is behind you. Go Dawgs!!!

• Like 3