Milan vs Pearl Cohn 3A semi-final

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

I'm picking Milan over Pearl Cohn for several reasons.

First, Milan represents my Region 7-3A. Since Covington was forced to forfeit by Covid-19, I will pull for the 7-3A representative. 

Second, I saw my Covington team go to Nashville in the 2019 Semi-final and lose to PC by one point. They did not appear invincible to me last year. It's true that this is a different year, but they do have a lot of the same players returning. I don't think that they have faced a team of Milan's caliber this year. 

Third, PC has played a short season and does not have the long tough season behind them that Milan has played. I think that will work to Milan's benefit. PC has done OK against other teams playing that same short schedule, but Milan is experienced and battle-hardened versus some top-flight competition.

Fourth, PC has to travel to Milan. Getting out of Middle Tennessee will be a big change for them. Covington happens to have played them in 2017 and 2019 and both games were in Nashville. We split the two games with them, despite the advantage they had of having a full-house of their own fans. In this Covid year, there won't be many visiting fans in Milan.

I would like to be at this game in person, but will settle for watching it on NFHS, I suppose.

GO MILAN!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I'm picking Milan over Pearl Cohn for several reasons.

First, Milan represents my Region 7-3A. Since Covington was forced to forfeit by Covid-19, I will pull for the 7-3A representative. 

Second, I saw my Covington team go to Nashville in the 2019 Semi-final and lose to PC by one point. They did not appear invincible to me last year. It's true that this is a different year, but they do have a lot of the same players returning. I don't think that they have faced a team of Milan's caliber this year. 

Third, PC has played a short season and does not have the long tough season behind them that Milan has played. I think that will work to Milan's benefit. PC has done OK against other teams playing that same short schedule, but Milan is experienced and battle-hardened versus some top-flight competition.

Fourth, PC has to travel to Milan. Getting out of Middle Tennessee will be a big change for them. Covington happens to have played them in 2017 and 2019 and both games were in Nashville. We split the two games with them, despite the advantage they had of having a full-house of their own fans. In this Covid year, there won't be many visiting fans in Milan.

I would like to be at this game in person, but will settle for watching it on NFHS, I suppose.

GO MILAN!

Pearl Cohn is the favorite here. I just hope our little, slow fellas can keep it close. 

Had to take time and read some of the comments. When you make it to the semis 9/10 speed is out the window because normally both teams have that. Its about your play makers making plays. It’s never been a beauty pageant with us so impressing someone or some team have never been our thing. Everybody keeps talking about our offense which I can say is pretty good but our defensive starters and backup last have been playing lights out all year. Last SC scored 27 points but legit score 7. We played a lot of 10th graders and freshman last night. I think this game will be super close and I just hope the ball falls in our favor.

41 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

I’d like to hear @FBfan26 and @FIREBIRD80 comment on the strengths and weaknesses of PC, and especially give comments about their defense. We know they are excellent on offense but not much has been said about their defense. 

I would say that’s the secret lol. Keep talking about the offense. Our HC has done a heck of a job with calling D# this year. We should have BEEN playing like this.

18 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Had to take time and read some of the comments. When you make it to the semis 9/10 speed is out the window because normally both teams have that. Its about your play makers making plays. It’s never been a beauty pageant with us so impressing someone or some team have never been our thing. Everybody keeps talking about our offense which I can say is pretty good but our defensive starters and backup last have been playing lights out all year. Last SC scored 27 points but legit score 7. We played a lot of 10th graders and freshman last night. I think this game will be super close and I just hope the ball falls in our favor.

Come on now 26 give respect where it is due.  That's an inaccurate statement.  Pearl-Cohn scored 56 and it felt like it could have been 76 honestly.  On the other side of the ball however Stewart County did move the football and put Pearl-Cohn's defensive backfield in bad situations.  It kind of reminded me of the early stages of their first game against East Nashville.  I saw that Pearl-Cohn sat the Griffin kid #64.  I haven't paid enough attention to them on the films I've watched to notice that they weren't playing anyone else.  

2 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

It's true that this is a different year, but they do have a lot of the same players returning. 

This part of your comment throws everything you have said in the trash. So according to you, PC team that went 14-1 and return alot from last years team doesn't get better? I would say PC has done more than ok, have scored 348 to opponents 55 this year. We like road games our fans travel well also, so that's not a problem for us! This should be a good game I've seen Milan couple times this year solid football team. 

Edited by FIREBIRD80

35 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Come on now 26 give respect where it is due.  That's an inaccurate statement.  Pearl-Cohn scored 56 and it felt like it could have been 76 honestly.  On the other side of the ball however Stewart County did move the football and put Pearl-Cohn's defensive backfield in bad situations.  It kind of reminded me of the early stages of their first game against East Nashville.  I saw that Pearl-Cohn sat the Griffin kid #64.  I haven't paid enough attention to them on the films I've watched to notice that they weren't playing anyone else.  

What about touchdown the refs kept alive after a fumble recovery but called BS targeting call on us. So let's not act like refs didn't play apart in Stewart TD. But we knew coming into game that refs would try to help Stewart. Stewart scored 20 points so what! Congrats to Stewart County on good season.

Edited by FIREBIRD80