Alcoa vs. Red Bank

twistedtornado

Alcoa is banged up but Red Bank isn’t the same without the QB. Alcoa would’ve been ripe for an upset if he was healthy but I don’t see it happening. Can Red Bank prove the doubters wrong? Can the monster be contained? I don’t see it happening but should be the best game in the area. I’m just keeping it real

Alcoa 35

Red Bank 14

Having watched both teams, Alcoa wins this one big. Athletically Red Bank matches up well on paper, however the game is played on the field. 

Red Banks offense vs Alcoa's defense:

Red Bank is not very dynamic nor do they have a lot of schemes to cause issues for talented defenses. They have hurt teams because they are athletic. RB doesn't throw much oddly enough, with the WR they have you would think they would cause defenses more issues by being balanced but they don't. As 10R mentioned the bad tackling by Loudon giving up a big run, Alcoa will not allow that to happen. This will force the RB coaches to adjust and as good as a staff as they are I don't think they are good enough to adjust on the fly and attack a team like Alcoa through the air. Opinion Coach Nix and company will only allow RB 7 or less before the 4th quarter at most.

Alcoa's offense vs RB defense:

RB has some talented young men on defense and the potential is there, having watched RB against SW and Loudon they made stops but they allowed those teams to move the ball more than they should have. They don't play with the energy and effort as a State Championship team. Alcoa's offense seems to prepare and play like they are playing Maryville every week which credit should be given to the staff for this. Finding a way to motivated players to gonall out all the time regardless of opponent is impressive. They scheme like they are always the underdog regardless of the talent difference. They will execute often and put up 49+ today.

Special Teams:

Alcoa will get a punt block or recover a bobbled punt today setting them up for a 2-3 play offensive drive for a score. 

Coaching:

If RB somehow keeps the game close like GP, halftime adjustments will go to Nix and Company and make the 2nd half lopsided. The Alcoa staff is loaded with knowledge and talent that prepares unlike other staffs given their constant success. It isn't a knock on RBs staff at all, but Alcoa is on a different level when it comes to preperation and scheming. Not many teams scheme and prepare like Alcoa which is a main reason they are always successful. When you prepare year round and have a standard like Alcoa does and add in talent, you get a championship program. They win all phases of the game from offseason to inseason. 

It is unfortunate for the Lions but their season will come to an end today which is nothing to be ashamed of. 

Final 52-10 Alcoa.

I would prefer to be wrong and eat crow at the end of the night because 3A needs Alcoa to lose once in a while to another 3A team, I just don't know if this is the Alcoa team that will be the one that gets beat. 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2020 at 10:40 PM, Lionsguy423 said:

I just think Red Banks front 7 is too strong. They are massive, strong, and fast!! The defense is covered with next level players. I don’t personally feel like you guy’s have seen them play or respect them at all! There is a reason kids put pads on every Friday. So who knows what will happen. I think it’s gonna be a extremely physical game. It is 100% the state championship game

In 3A you put the pads on to end your season against Alcoa!Dont matter how big you are the result will be the same.Running clock!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Alcoa is banged up but Red Bank isn’t the same without the QB. Alcoa would’ve been ripe for an upset if he was healthy but I don’t see it happening. Can Red Bank prove the doubters wrong? Can the monster be contained? I don’t see it happening but should be the best game in the area. I’m just keeping it real

Alcoa 35

Red Bank 14

Is Red Bank missing a qb? As far as I know he is healthy!

10 minutes ago, Pr1de said:

Can confirm from eyes on the ground.  QB is in the Lions locker room ready to go so I’m confused as well. 

Sadly due to the wife forcing me to due the Christmas tree with her and the kids tonight I won’t get to go :(  LET’S GO LIONS!!!!!  Bring the violence to those tornadoes! Good luck to both teams!

1 hour ago, Lionsguy423 said:

Sadly due to the wife forcing me to due the Christmas tree with her and the kids tonight I won’t get to go :(  LET’S GO LIONS!!!!!  Bring the violence to those tornadoes! Good luck to both teams!

https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/alcoa-high-school-alcoa-tn/gam5dbdf07da9

slide your phone in a pocket, pop an ear bud in