Semis..... Waverly travels to Peabody. What's your thought?

tigers90

2 hours ago, Golddoctor said:

We are passionate as you are.  I believe you said Wavo was going to hit us in the mouth.  Dont be so sensitive.  Its just banter.  We respect Waverly.  But on Friday, we will battle.  I just believe we are battle tested.  That is what causes me to favor Peabody.  

You say battle tested... how many starters are there on this team that were starters last year?

13 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Is a weak schedule all you waverly guys van come up with ? Your schedule was no better  

I don’t think I have seen anybody from waverly brag about their schedule! I might have missed a post but can’t remember anyone saying that. The Dr has said many times how yalls schedule is tough and y’all are so good you just make the other teams look so bad. It really chaps my rear when someone brags about a WEAK schedule <_<

Edited by vandyfan1

7 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I just counted 8 possibly more if I missed some.  I can think of a few that started some games but not all games last year. I didnt count those

With the team y’all had last year you only needed three seniors and the rest could have been freshman and y’all still would have stomped some teams. That team y’all had last year was some bad dudes. Probably one of the best teams I have seen in 2A.

EVER

Edited by vandyfan1

10 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

With the team y’all had last year you only needed three seniors and the rest could have been freshman and y’all still would have stomped some teams. That team y’all had last year was some bad dudes. Probably one of the best teams I have seen in 2A.

EVER

Maybe it really takes all of them.  What’s crazy is I see the same cycle the team went through starting in 2017-2019. We were good in 2017 but started a bunch of sophomores just like this year. We do have a better line than in 2017 though. 

17 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I don’t think I have seen anybody from waverly brag about their schedule! I might have missed a post but can’t remember anyone saying that. The Dr has said many times how yalls schedule is tough and y’all are so good you just make the other teams look so bad. It really chaps my rear when someone brags about a WEAK schedule <_<

SOS is really hard to judge. Who is to say some of teams we played aren’t better than other teams with better records. I mean someone with a real bad record could be good they just played real tough teams. 

here is an example ncs beat us in 2015 in the semis. We had just won state the year before in 2a.  Ncs lost to one team that year and guess what the team that beat them only won one game and that was ncs. Ncs had like 5 d1 commits.  It’s really hard to compare I think the team that beat them was a d2 2 or 3a team.