Semifinals Summit @ Henry County

PatriotNation

4 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

In having the opportunity to play both the last two years in Cookevile, here was my take. (which may not amount to a hill of beans). Henry Co. played a much more physical brand of ball while Summit came with more athleticism. That being said, I know Henry Co. has improved their team speed at various positions and Summit's leaders are a year older (and it has shown). I think Summit has trouble stopping Henry Co.'s backfield. Henry Co. by 10.

Good luck to both and I'll see you in Cookeville next week.

This game will come down to two things, just like all playoff games.....who can make the fewest mistakes & make the biggest plays. I have one question.....what does the Yanker think about this game? He knows all...GO BIG RED!!!

5 hours ago, PatriotsNation said:

Yall know something that is 100% facts? Henry County was not supposed to be in the semifinals this year. We was supposed to be rebuilding this year in preparation for the next 2 years (which is our best shots of getting a gold ball) and Summit is supposed to be here. They was in the championship game just last year with the Wade boys back. Most people expect them to be in Cookeville. BUT........WHAT IF......Henry County pulls it off and ends up in Cookeville in a year we was not supposed to???? I think we are ready for that challenge!!! LET'S GO!!!!

How was HC not supposed to even be in the semis this year when Memphis schools aren't even playing.  Not sure y'all had a tough road and you beat everyone you were supposed to beat.  Congrats on that accomplishment...you are one of the fortunate ones to still be playing tonight.  However, I am not sure you can say you weren't even supposed to be there when your best competition didn't play due to the pandemic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HCFan said:

This game will come down to two things, just like all playoff games.....who can make the fewest mistakes & make the biggest plays. I have one question.....what does the Yanker think about this game? He knows all...GO BIG RED!!!

I have been told by a fairly reliable source that the Yanker is in the hospital in Jackson and is not doing very well at all. I heard that a few days ago and haven't heard anything different since then.

23 minutes ago, FYB said:

How was HC not supposed to even be in the semis this year when Memphis schools aren't even playing.  Not sure y'all had a tough road and you beat everyone you were supposed to beat.  Congrats on that accomplishment...you are one of the fortunate ones to still be playing tonight.  However, I am not sure you can say you weren't even supposed to be there when your best competition didn't play due to the pandemic.

I'm talking about the beginning of the season. Before anyone knew that Memphis wasn't going to be playing. We are a VERY young team. So yes, we are not supposed to be in the semifinals. Several sophomores are playing huge roles for us this year. You can go back and look at the Henry County Offseason 2020 thread and see where a lot of Henry County fans was saying the next 2 years are when we feel we have a legit shot. Nobody that I know of thought we had a legit shot to make it to Cookeville this year. All we got to do is win ONE game and we are in Cookeville

Edited by PatriotsNation
  • Like 1

The pick’em line is currently 54.1% for Summit. Far and away the closest margin of any game tonight. clearly people are very evenly split, proving what we already knew, that this game is a toss up. Good luck to both Sparty and the Pats tonight. Hoping for a good, clean, injury free game. May the best team win! and may the winner bring home that gold ball next week!

• Thanks 1