Semifinals Summit @ Henry County

PatriotNation

1 minute ago, SweetScience said:

HC fans, I was really hoping y’all and us (OR) could square off in the championship, but wasn’t meant to be. Postgame Gaddis (G-Man) was talking about how much he loved Henry County and their fan base. Maybe next year? The Patriots will be back, no doubt.

Yes sir, I'm 1000% rooting for Oak Ridge. I normally don't root for the East team but I think all of Henry County is rooting for y’all!!

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

HC fans, I was really hoping y’all and us (OR) could square off in the championship, but wasn’t meant to be. Postgame Gaddis (G-Man) was talking about how much he loved Henry County and their fan base. Maybe next year? The Patriots will be back, no doubt.

I said earlier I was torn, but I'll definitely end up pulling for Gaddis and the Cats lol 

One thing that needs to be stated. Yes destin wade was the best player on the field, but I must say tonight was the best I’ve seen the HC qb play the few times I’ve watched. He looked confident in his reads and throws. Thought they could’ve stuck with him a little more and kept taking what summit was giving you, after all the corner was 10 yards off of #1.  Biggest thing I thought that hurt HC D was poor tackling. Got outnumbered on 2 of summits TD’s. A lot to be proud of for HC. They’ll be back in the same spot next year. Great coaching staff that will get them refocused. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, WiseOne79 said:

One thing that needs to be stated. Yes destin wade was the best player on the field, but I must say tonight was the best I’ve seen the HC qb play the few times I’ve watched. He looked confident in his reads and throws. Thought they could’ve stuck with him a little more and kept taking what summit was giving you, after all the corner was 10 yards off of #1.  Biggest thing I thought that hurt HC D was poor tackling. Got outnumbered on 2 of summits TD’s. A lot to be proud of for HC. They’ll be back in the same spot next year. Great coaching staff that will get them refocused. 

He's a really good player, and is capable of far more than we typically ask of him.

Fortunately he's just a sophomore, and already has 26 games under his belt. If I were a betting man I'd say he's in for a pretty strong next couple of years.  

Edited by MSURacer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

He's a really good player, and is capable of far more than we typically ask of him.

Fortunately he's just a sophomore, and already has 26 games under his belt. If I were a betting man I'd say he's in for a pretty strong next couple of years.  

Oh yeah, just need to somehow replace a Jawon Odoms. Sheesh. Lol. Need a playmaker receiver or two.

6 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

With all the athletes in our freshman and sophomore classes, I’m sure we can find 2 or 3 who can catch and run. I already like Jayce Kendall. 

Yeah i do too. I'm sure they will find some good ones. As far as I know we have Summit next year to start the season. The Wade boys will still be there so idk but we had a good year.

1 hour ago, PatriotsNation said:

Yes sir, I'm 1000% rooting for Oak Ridge. I normally don't root for the East team but I think all of Henry County is rooting for y’all!!

LOL. all the talk about “no matter who represents the west we need to bring the gold ball back this way”. Til you lose and then all of a sudden you’re 1000% rooting against the West. Don’t be salty lol.