Semifinals Summit @ Henry County

PatriotNation

2 minutes ago, WiseOne79 said:

Man, HC has a great tradition but the fans (some, not all) in here definitely are not in touch with reality. HC plays in the softest district in 5A and then has by far the easiest path to semi’s and it’s not even close. They’ve got a decent team and fought hard tonight, but just weren’t good enough. Nothing wrong with that just regroup and go back at it harder next year. But some HC fans need to get in touch with reality. Congrats to summit. Great team with some really talented individuals.

Your username is spot on.

11 hours ago, HCFan said:

This game will come down to two things, just like all playoff games.....who can make the fewest mistakes & make the biggest plays. I have one question.....what does the Yanker think about this game? He knows all...GO BIG RED!!!

You were waaay off!  What it came down to is 11 guys simply stopping one Junior QB.  Hey, we can’t all be right.  

15 minutes ago, PatriotsNation said:

Wow. I expected to come to these boards seeing positive things. Henry County played a very hard fought game and just ran into a 5A giant with some really really good players. Congrats to Summit.

From my understanding, the tone was set weeks ago by “some” HC fans so I’m not sure I see the issue with the comments myself.  Just like every other team that didn’t make it to the championship, it’s back to the drawing board. Good Luck next year! 

20 minutes ago, PatriotsNation said:

Wow. I expected to come to these boards seeing positive things. Henry County played a very hard fought game and just ran into a 5A giant with some really really good players. Congrats to Summit.

Coach T message boards are an odd place. Plenty of “adult” keyboard warriors to go around.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, PatriotsNation said:

I agree. It was a good game and a good overall season. HC may not have been "great" this year, but they turned out pretty dang good from where they started. And I really like the nucleus of talent they have coming back for these next couple of years.

Best of luck to our seniors. Odoms has a real shot at a great career at Memphis. Guys like Perry, Littleton, Kendall, etc. are all gonna be missed, and I think Jamarcus Johnson is good enough to play small college ball. What a monster year.     

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

I agree. It was a good game and a good overall season. HC may not have been "great" this year, but they turned out pretty dang good from where they started. And I really like the nucleus of talent they have coming back for these next couple of years.

Best of luck to our seniors. Odoms has a real shot at a great career at Memphis. Guys like Perry, Littleton, Kendall, etc. are all gonna be missed, and I think Jamarcus Johnson is good enough to play small college ball. What a monster year.     

Absolutely man! Not bad if you are going to lose to a 6A and 5A team that are both in Cookeville and we did beat a 4A team that is now in Cookeville. 

• Upvote 1