Semifinals Summit @ Henry County

PatriotNation

1 hour ago, PatriotsNation said:

Thanks bud! Going to be a good one I think. Anybody brave enough to throw a prediction out there? Lol

I honestly am not sure who to pick, IF the other Wade twin does get to play which has been rumored, and he is well enough to be effective that is a huge factor. He will contribute from the RB position but I believe he would boost the defense more than anything as he is a very good LB. I am hoping to be there, missed the 1st round of getting a ticket, will be at the school in the morning to try again. If not I did buy a Milan/Pearl Cohn ticket online so I will be at a good game somewhere tomm night at any rate.....lol

2 hours ago, PatriotsNation said:

Some are more confident than others but make no mistake about it, this team has made huge strides since playing Brentwood. Like I said earlier there is a LOT of people out there saying Summit wins. And some say Summit wins in a blowout. One thing about it though the Big Red WILL be ready to play! Going to be awful tough to go on the road and beat Beech and Henry County in back to back weeks.

i’d like to see anyone calling summit in a blow out. seems a bit far fetched. i think dang near everyone knows it’s gonna be a barn burner. i will say this though...going on the road won’t effect them the way you think it will. but we shall see. less than 24 hours til kick off! i’m already getting giddy haha. 

also if you wouldn’t mind posting a link to the live stream that would be awesome!

1 hour ago, Bump11 said:

i’d like to see anyone calling summit in a blow out. seems a bit far fetched. i think dang near everyone knows it’s gonna be a barn burner. i will say this though...going on the road won’t effect them the way you think it will. but we shall see. less than 24 hours til kick off! i’m already getting giddy haha. 

also if you wouldn’t mind posting a link to the live stream that would be awesome!

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/11/24/tssaa-football-playoffs-semifinal-statewide-preview/6308030002/

There is the link. One guy picked Summit 38-14. Just scroll down to 5A.

1 hour ago, MrFootball71 said:

Question I have is when will the HC coach pull his starters to get ready for the championship game.  Does he run the score up to send a message or does he pull them up like 35.  Difficult decision, either way they win big.  Doesn’t matter how many Wade brothers Summit has. 

LOL troll

1 hour ago, PatriotsNation said:

one person lol. when you say “some say” you’re insinuating its multiple cases. one person isn’t a big deal. ESPECIALLY when you have people on here calling for the same spread the other way lol. nobody knows what’s gonna happen. both defenses are strong but i doubt either offense gets held to less than 25. my guess is the final is 35-38 to 28-35 or somewhere around there. and it could go either way. and likely will remain that way until the very end 

12 hours ago, PatriotsNation said:

Some are more confident than others but make no mistake about it, this team has made huge strides since playing Brentwood. Like I said earlier there is a LOT of people out there saying Summit wins. And some say Summit wins in a blowout. One thing about it though the Big Red WILL be ready to play! Going to be awful tough to go on the road and beat Beech and Henry County in back to back weeks.

In having the opportunity to play both the last two years in Cookevile, here was my take. (which may not amount to a hill of beans). Henry Co. played a much more physical brand of ball while Summit came with more athleticism. That being said, I know Henry Co. has improved their team speed at various positions and Summit's leaders are a year older (and it has shown). I think Summit has trouble stopping Henry Co.'s backfield. Henry Co. by 10.

Good luck to both and I'll see you in Cookeville next week.

• Like 1

Yall know something that is 100% facts? Henry County was not supposed to be in the semifinals this year. We was supposed to be rebuilding this year in preparation for the next 2 years (which is our best shots of getting a gold ball) and Summit is supposed to be here. They was in the championship game just last year with the Wade boys back. Most people expect them to be in Cookeville. BUT........WHAT IF......Henry County pulls it off and ends up in Cookeville in a year we was not supposed to???? I think we are ready for that challenge!!! LET'S GO!!!!

Edited by PatriotsNation
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PatriotsNation said:

Yall know something that is 100% facts? Henry County was not supposed to be in the semifinals this year. We was supposed to be rebuilding this year in preparation for the next 2 years (which is our best shots of getting a gold ball) and Summit is supposed to be here. They was in the championship game just last year with the Wade boys back. Most people expect them to be in Cookeville. BUT........WHAT IF......Henry County pulls it off and ends up in Cookeville in a year we was not supposed to???? I think we are ready for that challenge!!! LET'S GO!!!!

Interesting take PN 8-)

• Upvote 1