Playoffs - Semifinals - Oak Ridge vs South - Doyle

CardinalGrey

I finally had the chance to watch both of last weeks quarterfinal games. Wow, this could end up being a low scoring hard hitting defensive slobber knocker. The Oak Ridge defense is very solid but I was also impressed with South Doyle’s defense against Central. I think the difference in this one will be that Oak Ridge has a couple of more weapons on offense than Central had...BUT the Wildcats can’t let (21)Gary get rolling like Central did because he basically took the game over there at the end. Also they will have to keep (7) Sizzler? contained but I think SD caught the Bobcats snoozing on the big pass. 

I’m expecting a low scoring Oak Ridge win but If I were the Wildcats I wouldn’t want the ball in Gary’s hands late in the fourth quarter with game on the line because he ran harder as the game went on last week.

Should be a really good game.  pulling for the Wildcats RWR!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Good question. They hit a couple of big plays early against Central, but after that, they really struggled to get anything going offensively. Their defense kept them in the game, and they grinded it out with Terry in the wildcat for most of the 4th quarter. They've got a really good placekicker, so I think Clark would be perfectly happy to win a 9-7 type of game.

Yes there defense is tough. If the defense can play that well against Oak Ridge I would run that the “wildcat” the whole game and try to keep it close and shorten the game. This game could very well end up a field goal game. SlobberKnocker!!

Both teams have explosive playmakers offensively.  

From what I see on video, the game will be decided by whether the Oak Ridge OL can play better than SD's front 7.  

Just my take, which along with $2 can buy a good cup of Pilot or Weigel's House blends.  

5 minutes ago, Opie Shaggnasty said:

Typical o.r. sheep responses.I bring up the differences and factual information in the sizes of the school enrollments and they start slamming my clinton dragons.Kevin catlett is laughing.Go south doyle.

Do you think we should forfeit the game since we have more students than South Doyle? I wish DB and Farragut would’ve done that earlier in the year when we played them both since they have much larger enrollments than OR. Y’all need to bring back Catlett. As awful as he was, I think he may actually be better than the coach you have now.

10 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Do you think we should forfeit the game since we have more students than South Doyle? I wish DB and Farragut would’ve done that earlier in the year when we played them both since they have much larger enrollments than OR. Y’all need to bring back Catlett. As awful as he was, I think he may actually be better than the coach you have now.

Sweetscience i hope you do realize that o.r. is closer to farragut in enrollment than they are south doyle.That should make you feel proud.South doyle is at a huge disadvantage playing romeos boys.Catlett is ok.He is no downtown ron brown or cute andy though.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Opie Shaggnasty said:

Sweetscience i hope you do realize that o.r. is closer to farragut in enrollment than they are south doyle.That should make you feel proud.South doyle is at a huge disadvantage playing romeos boys.Catlett is ok.He is no downtown ron brown or cute andy though.

It sucks for SD, but that’s just the way it is till they can go to 4A, whenever that’ll be. We had to deal with the same thing a few years ago playing in 6A when we had 5A numbers. Funny thing is, is I don’t see a 1 of their fans on here whining about it, only you, a guy who has zero skin in the game.

Edited by SweetScience

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

It sucks for SD, but that’s just the way it is till they can go to 4A, whenever that’ll be. We had to deal with the same thing a few years ago playing in 6A when we had 5A numbers. Funny thing is, is I don’t see a 1 of their fans on here whining about it, only you, a guy who has zero skin in the game.

Generally speaking, it's very hard not to respond when a fool makes a foolish statement and broadcasts to everyone that he is in fact...a fool. But I'm trying...I'm biting my tongue and taping the fingers on each hand to restrain myself from responding to a complete and total fool. Notice I haven't stated who I'm talking about...................My Mom taught me long ago that I shouldn't call anyone a fool.......but in this case, it's very hard.

I am in fact stating a fact.If anyone thinks that o.r. does not have a numerical advantage then that over rated o.r. education has not served them well.I am not whining.I am pointing out facts.O.r. has a huge advantage.I will however say that coach duncan has cuter hair than romeo regardless of what donna thinks.

Edited by Opie Shaggnasty
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Opie Shaggnasty said:

I am in fact stating a fact.If anyone thinks that o.r. does not have a numerical advantage then that over rated o.r. education has not served them well.I am not whining.I am pointing out facts.O.r. has a huge advantage.I will however say that coach duncan has cuter hair than romeo regardless of what donna thinks.

Lol we can agree on that last statement. I do miss Gaddis combover though.

I’M back and I see I’ve been replaced and thankfully so love it lmao! Forget what he talking about! Let’s go oak ridge! Cousin J Stewart big game last week! He always shows up against big teams! I need Jubrice to get a little more involved and little Heyward! we have tons of athletes said it at beginning enough to win it all is why I used to go so hard on the coaches! I know y’all rem I hated the offensive coordinator! I gave him a shout out after fridays game with the play calling! Loved it and if you’ve been watching closely we’ve came a long way in that area! Ky hurst what a monster game last week on defense! Gibbons great game ball was where they needed! GR0WTH! This game at home is extra momentum for us! Those guys play with swagger be looming for a big game from Kendall, Johnathon, Preston? And Brice on offense! Hurst, adams(lineman), jaden, Preston, and Stewart on defense! Also to ones who didn’t know oak ridge hasn’t lost a game since Stewart was moved to safety! Oak ridge wins a running team can’t beat us! Best bet is to throw it and I don’t trust south Doyle leaning on that! TMU 

• Like 2