Playoffs - Semifinals - Oak Ridge vs South - Doyle

CardinalGrey

3 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Im so happy for the kids and these SRs who kept getting better every week instead of going the other way.What a great night to be a Wildcat.That was the kind of football that I miss.Every 1st down and yard was huge.I thought for awhile the blocked FG might cost Oak Ridge the game but the defense wouldnt stop coming.The Oak Ridge fans that watch every week know how much this Dline has improved and its been amazing.The past 3 weeks has been a total team effort.Congrats to the fans that go support the boys every week no matter what.All the Oak Ridge haters are crying and I love it.ROLL WILDCATS ROLL ALL THE WAY TO COOKEVILLE

Love it, bro!! If you had of told me we would’ve made it to Cookevegas after the Farragut game, I would’ve told you you were fulla sh$&, but I’ll be dam$&@$ if our boys didn’t prove me wrong! Guys, I’m sorry for being a terrible fan (this is to our players) for not having confidence in you, but thank you to he$& and back for proving me wrong!! You too coaches!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Love it, bro!! If you had of told me we would’ve made it to Cookevegas after the Farragut game, I would’ve told you you were fulla sh$&, but I’ll be dam$&@$ if our boys didn’t prove me wrong! Guys, I’m sorry for being a terrible fan (this is to our players) for not having confidence in you, but thank you to he$& and back for proving me wrong!! You too coaches!!

LOL , You owned it at least ... I'll admit I thought there were a couple times you were pretty hard on your Boys ! Good Luck and go Win it next Week !!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pepvol said:

LOL , You owned it at least ... I'll admit I thought there were a couple times you were pretty hard on your Boys ! Good Luck and go Win it next Week !!

Maaan, I was hard, I’ll admit, Pep. But, Gaddis always says that’s the reason he coaches at OR, because the expectations are always so high, so I’ll settle with that!! Lol!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

LOL...I agree. I really thought 3-7 or 4-6 was realistic. I can't quite put my finger on what exactly turned it around or even when it happened. I think Gaddis did a masterful job keeping things together rather than allowing a 3-7 or 4-6. I think he is the perfect leader for the program and he has a great defensive coordinator that he allows to coach. The players love Gaddis and Gaddis loves Oak Ridge. There were fans who wanted him gone after the Farragut game or West game but I think he just pulled of the best coaching job of his career. The guy still has fire, he has grit, and he has just led his team to the state championship game. Summit may be great but OR will have a chance because of the great defense that we play, our great coaches, and a very determined group of players. I'm very proud of my town and this team!

• Like 1

Congrats Oak Ridge! RWR

Wow! Great ballgame! And 2 great defensive performances. Momentum is such an important part of high school football and the face mask call was really bad. It would have been interesting to see how things would have played out if the correct call would have been made but I believe Oak Ridge was the best team on the field tonight and would have prevailed in the end. Oak Ridge didn’t have a great offensive game tonight but a lot of that was South Doyle’s defense. Bring back a gold ball Wildcats!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RCfan said:

Congrats Oak Ridge! RWR

Wow! Great ballgame! And 2 great defensive performances. Momentum is such an important part of high school football and the face mask call was really bad. It would have been interesting to see how things would have played out if the correct call would have been made but I believe Oak Ridge was the best team on the field tonight and would have prevailed in the end. Oak Ridge didn’t have a great offensive game tonight but a lot of that was South Doyle’s defense. Bring back a gold ball Wildcats!

I was at the game so I haven't seen the replay of the facemask penalty and while I'm an OR fan through and through, I thought it was a terrible call on the interception by Turner that they gave to SD. The replay may have shown it to be a good call but as I watched it in person, it looked awful 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RCfan said:

Congrats Oak Ridge! RWR

As always, thanks for the support, RC. I’m with CW, I can’t comment much on the face mask call, but most on here that weren’t at the game who watched on TV said it was a bad call, so maybe it was. I agree about the INT call that didn’t go our way that CW mentioned too though. It sure looked to me like we made the INT on that play, but I guess I won’t know unless I watch the replay. Thanks again, though.

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Im right there with you.Nobody couldve seen this coming.But you didnt stop being a fan and it made it that much better.Proud of the staff and players

22 minutes ago, catswild said:

LOL...I agree. I really thought 3-7 or 4-6 was realistic. I can't quite put my finger on what exactly turned it around or even when it happened. I think Gaddis did a masterful job keeping things together rather than allowing a 3-7 or 4-6. I think he is the perfect leader for the program and he has a great defensive coordinator that he allows to coach. The players love Gaddis and Gaddis loves Oak Ridge. There were fans who wanted him gone after the Farragut game or West game but I think he just pulled of the best coaching job of his career. The guy still has fire, he has grit, and he has just led his team to the state championship game. Summit may be great but OR will have a chance because of the great defense that we play, our great coaches, and a very determined group of players. I'm very proud of my town and this team!

I agree with all you said.If you go back after West game a lot of us was wondering if we could get to 5-5 or not.Its been a work in progress replacing our center.Its amazing that we have fought through when the Oline had so many injuries and that was the one spot we couldnt afford to have any.No matter what happens at State this team will go down in history.What a 3 week run beating 3 good teams and 2 shutouts and our best offensive game in a long time 

48 minutes ago, catswild said:

I was at the game so I haven't seen the replay of the facemask penalty and while I'm an OR fan through and through, I thought it was a terrible call on the interception by Turner that they gave to SD. The replay may have shown it to be a good call but as I watched it in person, it looked awful 

Yes sir, that was also a bad call. Should have been ruled incomplete. On the replay it appeared to me the ball hit the ground before either guy maintained possession, as they rolled over Turner pulled It into his chest. Don’t get me wrong- Every play counts, this one was around midfield and could have impacted the outcome had Oak Ridge been ruled the INT.