Betsy @ Nolensville

lawnman

Nolensville fans - do NOT take offense to this, I'm just asking...   I saw the game last year against Elizabethton and the Knights really looked sloppy for a 4th round playoff game.   The first possession there were 2 procedure penalties in a row so you start off 1st and 20 (might have been 2nd down, but you get the idea).   Other times there were not enough guys on the field, just things like that.    I chalked it up to being a fairly new school, sometimes takes a few seasons to get all the kinks worked out.    Plus the playoff jitters.     Of course the fact that you made it that far told me you had a good team and Elizabethton was of course the tops in 4A.         So the fact you made it again means you have to have another good team.      I'm just wondering about the quality of play this year in terms of things like game management, clock management, penalties, alignments, etc., anybody got some good info on all of that?

15 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Nolensville fans - do NOT take offense to this, I'm just asking...   I saw the game last year against Elizabethton and the Knights really looked sloppy for a 4th round playoff game.   The first possession there were 2 procedure penalties in a row so you start off 1st and 20 (might have been 2nd down, but you get the idea).   Other times there were not enough guys on the field, just things like that.    I chalked it up to being a fairly new school, sometimes takes a few seasons to get all the kinks worked out.    Plus the playoff jitters.     Of course the fact that you made it that far told me you had a good team and Elizabethton was of course the tops in 4A.         So the fact you made it again means you have to have another good team.      I'm just wondering about the quality of play this year in terms of things like game management, clock management, penalties, alignments, etc., anybody got some good info on all of that?

Last year was last year.  Elizabethton was the better team but they certainly did not get the Knights best effort.  Put together a 5 hour bus ride, first time that deep in the playoffs, playing in the largest stadium you've been in all year with a hostile crowd and losing your Mr. Football in the 1st Quarter and you can see where things might go off the rails.  They still managed to at least keep it close at the half as I recall.  Elizabethton pulled away as the Knights pressed on offense without their best deep threat on the field and mistakes were made.  Who knows if this year will be different?  Like last week, Nolensville is playing with house money but this time they're on their own turf.  They should be loose.  This team has not had many penalties due to lack of discipline so it would be surprising to see much of that after everyone gets by the kickoff jitters.

On 11/22/2020 at 12:13 PM, JMorton said:

I agree. I thought they would do it like they did going to cookeville last season. 

I drive a school bus as well for the ECS. I rode the charter last year to TTU. The charter driver says they can only drive 8 hours per day by state law. If they wanted to take school buses they could not as it would be nearly impossible to swap drivers after a day. Driving a charter is more efficient. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Knights21 said:

Last year was last year.  Elizabethton was the better team but they certainly did not get the Knights best effort.  Put together a 5 hour bus ride, first time that deep in the playoffs, playing in the largest stadium you've been in all year with a hostile crowd and losing your Mr. Football in the 1st Quarter and you can see where things might go off the rails.  They still managed to at least keep it close at the half as I recall.  Elizabethton pulled away as the Knights pressed on offense without their best deep threat on the field and mistakes were made.  Who knows if this year will be different?  Like last week, Nolensville is playing with house money but this time they're on their own turf.  They should be loose.  This team has not had many penalties due to lack of discipline so it would be surprising to see much of that after everyone gets by the kickoff jitters.

Thanks for the info, I thought along the same thing last year.    I was on your sidelines cheering on the Knights and man you guys looked really good for such a new school, it just looked like a lot of playoff jitters going on.     Sure wishing you the best this Friday.     Elizabethton puts a beat down on us (Daniel Boone) every year so I always pull for the other team.     They are really stacked this year so you will have to play lights out and mistake-free to beat them.

8 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Thanks for the info, I thought along the same thing last year.    I was on your sidelines cheering on the Knights and man you guys looked really good for such a new school, it just looked like a lot of playoff jitters going on.     Sure wishing you the best this Friday.     Elizabethton puts a beat down on us (Daniel Boone) every year so I always pull for the other team.     They are really stacked this year so you will have to play lights out and mistake-free to beat them.

Gotcha.  We'll take new fans wherever we can get them.  Many people may not realize this but Nolensville is only 5 years old so there isn't a deep well of experience for them to draw from.  I think this may be Coach Derrick's 3rd year.  They're learning as they go and aren't doing too shabby.  I really wish these were non-Covid times so everyone could see a full-fledged Friday Night Lights.  It's quite the show when the band and students are rocking.

7 hours ago, VOLSOHARD18 said:

Anyone know if this game will be streamed anywhere

Elizabethton vs. Nolensville - High School Football 2020
Fighting Cyclones vs Panthers
Watch Live Game : http://sports23.sport-lovers.org/hsfootball.php
The Nolensville (TN) varsity football team has a home playoff game vs. Elizabethton (TN) on Friday, November 27 @ 7p.
This game is a part of the "2020 Tennessee High School Football Playoff Brackets: TSSAA  - Division I Class 4A" tournament.

The link Will work, when the match will start
please like and share the event of this match, Thank you

Nolensville Athletics
Nolensville High PTSO
Nolensville Panthers
Nolensville Panthers Football & Cheer Field
Elizabethton High School
Elizabethton City Schools
Cyclone Touchdown Club

1 hour ago, lawnman said:

Elizabethton vs. Nolensville - High School Football 2020
Fighting Cyclones vs Panthers
Watch Live Game : http://sports23.sport-lovers.org/hsfootball.php
The Nolensville (TN) varsity football team has a home playoff game vs. Elizabethton (TN) on Friday, November 27 @ 7p.
This game is a part of the "2020 Tennessee High School Football Playoff Brackets: TSSAA  - Division I Class 4A" tournament.

The link Will work, when the match will start
please like and share the event of this match, Thank you

Nolensville Athletics
Nolensville High PTSO
Nolensville Panthers
Nolensville Panthers Football & Cheer Field
Elizabethton High School
Elizabethton City Schools
Cyclone Touchdown Club

Any Nolensville fans familiar with this stream? Says its free but wants payment info when setting up an account.

Edited by ATMFAN