The Future of DB Football!!!

DBturningitAROUND

DB made a big step tonight towards where this program wants to and can be. Maryville is Head and shoulders above everyone else.But those Indians showed last night at Maryville that they have the talent in Sullivan County and the City of Kingsport to compete and contend for a state title.The seniors layed the foundation and the underclassmen need to step up and keep leading this program forward.I believe in the coaching staff and the kids coming back and the ones coming in need to buy into the system and know it's going to take hard work and practice to get it done.Nobody gave DB a chance last night.And those kids came to play and busted them in the mouth and kept pounding.I for one am very proud to say I'm a DB fan because those boys repped Dobyns Bennett and the City of Kingsport last night and the whole yr for that matter.We'll be young next yr.But I believe in these boys and coaches to get better.Starting this to see what others think....ROLL TRIBE ROLL!!!! 

Edited by DBturningitAROUND
Spell

The talent has always been here in this area.One of the greatest teams in the states history came out of Bristol in the early seventies as TH won back to back in the largest class at the time and was named national champs.Elizabethton and Greeneville show that there is room for multiple teams in one class alone and that's happening every year now. It takes coaches,players and a lot of hard work.Yes it can be done at DB just as it has been done in this area before. The only negative is just like in college sports.You can have a great team but about 10 or 15 are also going to be right there every year with a great team and only one can be the champion.

49 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

The talent has always been here in this area.One of the greatest teams in the states history came out of Bristol in the early seventies as TH won back to back in the largest class at the time and was named national champs.Elizabethton and Greeneville show that there is room for multiple teams in one class alone and that's happening every year now. It takes coaches,players and a lot of hard work.Yes it can be done at DB just as it has been done in this area before. The only negative is just like in college sports.You can have a great team but about 10 or 15 are also going to be right there every year with a great team and only one can be the champion.

I agree,I think the first thing especially for DB.Is the players have to believe they belong and not lessoning to the trash being said outside the program to get in there heads putting doubt having them beat before they get on or off the bus.These are teenagers and have alot more important things(School) to worry about.Rathering than reading trash on here or being told it.

Spell

Now's going tell what direction this programs going to take. Weight training,Learning the playbook to know your routes and technics.This senior class laid the foundation and now the underclassmen and raising Juniors and Seniors need to make there mark.DB is losing alot this yr,But wanting to make that next step as a top contending program they have to come in and keep it going.I can't believe that the talent in blount county is that much better than every other county in tennessee.ROLL TRIBE ROLL!!!

Spell

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

DB has the new West Ridge school on Sept 17, that should start a good rivalry..... city vs. county, except now the county school is no longer less than half DB's size

I think this coming yrs DB team is going to be able to carry on the next step for this program. They learned alot from this senior class. Its up to them to put in the hard work and time in the off season. Nothing's going to be handed to them and it want be easy.Not trying to be disrespectful to the other league teams. But this will be the Tribes conference title to loss!!!!

Spell