Fayetteville vs Lake Co. Let's get it started

Varo

I think Lake co in a close game.Lake co has gotten a few players back on defense  but truthfully dont know much about Fayetteville.Both have had close games as far as the scoreboard.LC actually should have one those games by a wider margin than the scoreboard and I'm sure Fayetteville has as well.See close games with Huntland,Cornersville who Huntingdon blew out.Then Moore co beats Huntingdon handily but seven turnovers usually spells doom.Then Fayetteville beats Moore Co with all their speed for the second time.So looking for a good game.some already had Moore Co in championship game.Truthfully I was worried about West Carroll,a big physical team but LC dominated.Game wasnt decided by turnovers.

2 hours ago, rnorris92 said:

As a Cornersville fan that got to enjoy the trip to Tiptonville 2 years ago, I will tell the FC crowd to leave early that morning and enjoy their trip. It was well worth the trip. The fans and people of Lake Co. were really friendly and welcoming. 

Will agree with you on that. Great small town atmosphere with some great places to eat by the lake.

• Like 1

Fayetteville playing some good football right now both sides of the ball. They weren't heavily penalized last night. Not sure if it was the ref crew (saw some questionable no calls and questionable calls) or if they were mentally prepared. Either way was a great game last night. This should be a good game to watch. If it Wasn't 4-5 hours away, would consider going. Beautiful area!

Lake Co has been flying under the radar all year. I haven't seen either of these teams in person, but based on what I know about each from reading and checking out schedules, I'll take FC in a close one. 

FC, has had the type of year they thought they would have last year if not for the ineligible player. After they dominated Moore in the rematch, they look like the team to beat in the West. 

I know what LC is all about, though. So I wouldn't be surprised to see them pull it out either. This would be a fun game to see. 

1 hour ago, Jobres76 said:

Fayetteville playing some good football right now both sides of the ball. They weren't heavily penalized last night. Not sure if it was the ref crew (saw some questionable no calls and questionable calls) or if they were mentally prepared. Either way was a great game last night. This should be a good game to watch. If it Wasn't 4-5 hours away, would consider going. Beautiful area!

Make the trip. Go early, see the lake, eat at Boyette's, spend the night at the Bluebank if you're worried about the long drive home at that hour, and see what should be a heck of a football game. Life's too short not to take advantage of these situations.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

This time of year with Dyersburg,Dyer co ,Obion central not playing and people home for the holidays,could expect 2 to 4 thousand people.Trenton will pull some from Dyesburg and Dyersburg area.Because of Covid, have been limited to 600 fans.Heard Coach say they were going to ask to allow 900 fans.Said the only way,would have to add temporary bleachers to keep social distance.LC is finally healthy and played physical and speed against a West Carroll team.Liked what I saw last night.Great rushing yards  by 2 running backs,Morgan was outstanding.Wilson threw the ball well,Receivers did a great job and hoping there will be another weapon will shine that Fayetteville may overlook that wasnt a big target last night.Im with Shocker.Play like they did last night,can play with any Single A team.Congrats to Trenton,Milan on their wins.Be great to have all our teams play for the title.Congrats to Fayetteville on their big win last night and a safe trip to Lake Co.

Edited by mrbigster
  • Like 2

I think we all saw a young Lake County team grow up last night. No matter what happens next Friday the future is bright in Falcon land. Also, Coach Quinn and staff have grown right along with this team. Coaching  is getting better every passing week. Congratulations to Fayetteville on a big win last night looking forward to next Friday.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I think we all saw a young Lake County team grow up last night. No matter what happens next Friday the future is bright in Falcon land. Also, Coach Quinn and staff have grown right along with this team. Coaching  is getting better every passing week. Congratulations to Fayetteville on a big win last night looking forward to next Friday.

Thought everything was great last night.From playing hard to the play calling.