Fayetteville vs Lake Co. Let's get it started

Varo

53 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Lake County is well coached, but Fayetteville is full of athletes and have some big boys up front.  They might get a little bent out of shape for a quarter but they never let up.  I like Lake Co but I just think it’s Fayetteville’s destiny after last years ruling of eligibility.  

I do not know a lot about Fayetteville other than what I have read on the message boards. I do know that as far as athletes LC always has plenty and very rarely loses because a team is more athletic. LC is also big up front but very young. Inexperience could bite us. However, if last night is any indication this LC team grew up big time. If Lake Co can play like they did last night we have a shot at repeating this thing but if last night was a mirage and we revert to what we were earlier in the season then it could be a long night. 

21 minutes ago, faLConALUM said:

I do not know a lot about Fayetteville other than what I have read on the message boards. I do know that as far as athletes LC always has plenty and very rarely loses because a team is more athletic. LC is also big up front but very young. Inexperience could bite us. However, if last night is any indication this LC team grew up big time. If Lake Co can play like they did last night we have a shot at repeating this thing but if last night was a mirage and we revert to what we were earlier in the season then it could be a long night. 

Totally agree with this post. Fayetteville will be a great test for LC. Imo LC grew up alot last night. 

8 hours ago, GaelTider said:

I am pumped to be able to call this game for Fayetteville! In the 2 years I have been doing the play-by-play, I see Lake County mentioned a lot here on the board, so it is an honor to get this far and play a storied tradition in 1-A! It'll be a long trip, but a beautiful area to go and see a football game, and both fan bases seem to be friendly, classy people. May the best team win this Friday! 

Question - does anybody know if the press box at LC is large enough to accomodate visiting teams radio crew (2 men)? Thanks in advance! Go Tigers!

In 2018, we met LC for the semi-finals. We were crammed in the press box with about 12 other people. We were looking over shoulders and could barely see the left end zone. Due to Covid this year, I can pretty much guarantee you'll be sitting on the bleachers. 

But with that in mind, enjoy the ride. LC is a beautiful place. The fans are outstanding and although Boyette's is probably nice, it was way crowded when we went to eat so we ended up just down the road at Lakeview Dining Room. They have great food as well. Again, enjoy the experience and congrats on making it that far!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Lake County is well coached, but Fayetteville is full of athletes and have some big boys up front.  They might get a little bent out of shape for a quarter but they never let up.  I like Lake Co but I just think it’s Fayetteville’s destiny after last years ruling of eligibility.  

Cant be as big as West Carroll.Lake Co is finally healthy and have athletes and speedsters as well.

2 hours ago, faLConALUM said:

I agree