LA vs ECS

huntlandIII

17 hours ago, ChuckDSanAntonio said:

You are correct.  I didn't know him.  I was on teams that beat his teams regularly by 50+ points.  I do know quite a few in the Lipscomb community.  Ttate said it, the direction it was headed was miserable.  A lot of the core 22 starters + 11 unique punt team starters (per ECS commentators) have been there for many years.

Still waiting for the loony doughnut guy examples though.  Can't please everyone, but you can minister to everyone.

I don't know what "a lot" is in numbers but in this case not more than 20 of 33. Nobody in the offensive backfield. QB, RB and even the former starting RB are not Lippy lifers. 

And nobody regularly beat him by 50+ points. Flatt did it once to prove a point about a basketball blowout, but that is it. Certainly not "regularly". TIllman, maybe but not Coach Mac.

As the parent of a varsity player AND someone who graduated a Lipscomb lifer, we are thrilled with the changes and the atmosphere. Change will inevitably bring grumbling and complaints. Winning will bring even more. One of these posters has been griping about Lipscomb since I joined this board. Our first hand account is that the school has kept the parts that make it special but pursued excellence at the same time. The community and camaraderie among the families is second to none. We are blessed to have many new players and their families with them. The idea that only students who have been there for many years should be playing is ridiculous and exactly mission opposite. Lipscomb is a better place than it has ever been. The new families are a huge part of that. I absolutely did know Coach Mac and the bitter spirited and unfounded trashing of his school would make him much sadder than a new coach taking the program and making it his own. What head coach doesn’t have that right? I am incredibly thankful this academy is both part of my past and my children’s future. And that is unaffected by if the football team wins or not. 

I hope you are correct but I know lots of alumni that fee like the school has sold their soul to the devil to win football games.  Yes every coach should put their stamp on a program that’s what they are hired to do but this particular coach has been given resources that nobody else in that position have had.  

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 10:56 AM, DZmom7 said:

As the parent of a varsity player AND someone who graduated a Lipscomb lifer, we are thrilled with the changes and the atmosphere. Change will inevitably bring grumbling and complaints. Winning will bring even more. One of these posters has been griping about Lipscomb since I joined this board. Our first hand account is that the school has kept the parts that make it special but pursued excellence at the same time. The community and camaraderie among the families is second to none. We are blessed to have many new players and their families with them. The idea that only students who have been there for many years should be playing is ridiculous and exactly mission opposite. Lipscomb is a better place than it has ever been. The new families are a huge part of that. I absolutely did know Coach Mac and the bitter spirited and unfounded trashing of his school would make him much sadder than a new coach taking the program and making it his own. What head coach doesn’t have that right? I am incredibly thankful this academy is both part of my past and my children’s future. And that is unaffected by if the football team wins or not. 

No connection to Lipscomb but I absolutely love and understand your post.  My son also played football at one of the well known championship D2 high schools in the area. 
As you know, particularly with the private school community, it’s not uncommon to see politics and favorites at play with sports and the school in general.  Often times at the detriment of the collective.  Coach Dilfer is creating a positive change for the school as a whole and opening eyes and hearts.  There will always be that small percentage who will go kicking and screaming.  And that’s okay.  At least you know where they stand.  Kudos to you and to the growth of LA!!

On 11/22/2020 at 8:47 PM, Rastus said:

need not to say much but the economic engine of the LA program is Burton Elrod of the two families and many frowned upon behaviors.  Standards of behavior and conduct have fallen in general and many alum duck before talking about school days any more. I work with plenty of em at Vandy. I know of no better man than Dr Fox who owns Donut Den and is a teaching legend from dinosaur days. He told me that this too shall pass when all the Elrod shenanigans came out.

I would agree that Mr Fox is a great guy!   Please go and buy his donuts.  You obviously know nothing about LA if you believe what you posted.  The facts regarding the financial machine,etc, etc are way off.   You would be a great reporter for CNN.   

On 11/26/2020 at 7:54 PM, Brave1 said:

I hope you are correct but I know lots of alumni that fee like the school has sold their soul to the devil to win football games.  Yes every coach should put their stamp on a program that’s what they are hired to do but this particular coach has been given resources that nobody else in that position have had.  

I tried to respond earlier and somehow it didn’t post. If this message come through twice..apologies. 

I agree with DZmom.  The athletic program at Lipscomb is not just headed in the right direction but frankly is getting back on track.  LA has a rich athletic history in all the major sports so excellence and winning is not new to this program.  It has taken us several years to understand we can’t be the old Lipscomb and compete any longer.  I know this has upset some alumni but I would suggest that most of them are hearing 1/2 truths and overblown rumors.  At the end of the day, Dilfer’s expectations of excellence, working hard and winning are very similar to Coach Mac’s.  I don’t agree with everything Dilfer does but I have to give credit as I have noticed this year that the coaches are trying to eliminate the bad language from both coaches and players...BTW there ain’t a program in the state of TN where a word or two doesn’t fly from a coach or player so let’s make sure we minimize the stone throwing.  I also don’t like Throwing the ball when up by big margins in the 4th quarter, but Dilfer has a NFL mentaility...stop us if you can.  I know this, Dilfer would never complain if his team was getting beat by 40 and the other team continued to try to score.  He would tell his players, it’s our job to stop them.  

I find it so interesting that LA has apparently “sold their soul” to win football games while teams all around this state have been playing the “add talent to the roster every year” game for years.  Many played that game back when it wasn’t even sanctioned by the TSSAA.   Let’s remember, CPA couldn’t compete with LIpscomb in b-ball or football until players magically showed up from Greenbrier, Franklin, Murfreesboro and Knoxville and btw they were in Div 1 when all that happened.  All said, much credit and respect to Ingle and the football program as he has built a great program with long term CPA players, but he did so with a kick start from the talent that “showed” in those earlier years.  Dilfer has definitely added some talent but most of the team was in place before Dilfer got there.  Of the players who did come to play for Dilfer, most receive NO scholarship money.  That’s different from a lot of these schools and something most people don’t know. 

I agree that Coach Mac or Tillman would not necessarily agree with everything that is going on but I would say that they both were and are competitors and they would rather see the success of the program grow again and for individual players to have success  

Heres the good news....the State championship game between LA and CPA should be fantastic.  Two great football teams who have worked hard this year and both deserve to be in this game to potentially raise the trophy.   Good luck to both teams!  

Prediction: LA 24   CPA 17

On 12/2/2020 at 2:55 AM, LetsGoToWork said:

I tried to respond earlier and somehow it didn’t post. If this message come through twice..apologies. 

I agree with DZmom.  The athletic program at Lipscomb is not just headed in the right direction but frankly is getting back on track.  LA has a rich athletic history in all the major sports so excellence and winning is not new to this program.  It has taken us several years to understand we can’t be the old Lipscomb and compete any longer.  I know this has upset some alumni but I would suggest that most of them are hearing 1/2 truths and overblown rumors.  At the end of the day, Dilfer’s expectations of excellence, working hard and winning are very similar to Coach Mac’s.  I don’t agree with everything Dilfer does but I have to give credit as I have noticed this year that the coaches are trying to eliminate the bad language from both coaches and players...BTW there ain’t a program in the state of TN where a word or two doesn’t fly from a coach or player so let’s make sure we minimize the stone throwing.  I also don’t like Throwing the ball when up by big margins in the 4th quarter, but Dilfer has a NFL mentaility...stop us if you can.  I know this, Dilfer would never complain if his team was getting beat by 40 and the other team continued to try to score.  He would tell his players, it’s our job to stop them.  

I find it so interesting that LA has apparently “sold their soul” to win football games while teams all around this state have been playing the “add talent to the roster every year” game for years.  Many played that game back when it wasn’t even sanctioned by the TSSAA.   Let’s remember, CPA couldn’t compete with LIpscomb in b-ball or football until players magically showed up from Greenbrier, Franklin, Murfreesboro and Knoxville and btw they were in Div 1 when all that happened.  All said, much credit and respect to Ingle and the football program as he has built a great program with long term CPA players, but he did so with a kick start from the talent that “showed” in those earlier years.  Dilfer has definitely added some talent but most of the team was in place before Dilfer got there.  Of the players who did come to play for Dilfer, most receive NO scholarship money.  That’s different from a lot of these schools and something most people don’t know. 

I agree that Coach Mac or Tillman would not necessarily agree with everything that is going on but I would say that they both were and are competitors and they would rather see the success of the program grow again and for individual players to have success  

Heres the good news....the State championship game between LA and CPA should be fantastic.  Two great football teams who have worked hard this year and both deserve to be in this game to potentially raise the trophy.   Good luck to both teams!  

Prediction: LA 24   CPA 17

Well my crystal ball must’ve been broken. I missed that prediction!  CPA may have the most boring offense in HS football but it was effective today. The lack of creativity is amazing considering Ingle is an ex QB!   Frankly CPA’s offensive line deserves the MVP more than the backs.    Congrats to CPA!

Congrats to the Mustangs for such a great season considering how quickly the program has been put back on the tracks. .  The future is bright!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, LetsGoToWork said:

Well my crystal ball must’ve been broken. I missed that prediction!  CPA may have the most boring offense in HS football but it was effective today. The lack of creativity is amazing considering Ingle is an ex QB!   Frankly CPA’s offensive line deserves the MVP more than the backs.    Congrats to CPA!

Congrats to the Mustangs for such a great season considering how quickly the program has been put back on the tracks. .  The future is bright!

Maybe, just maybe, Ingle did what he had to do on offense to be successful which was ground and pound and control the clock. 424 yards rushing would signal a severe weakness on defense. That is preparation and COACHING.  State champs says he was correct in his game plan.

• Like 1