8AA

Indian

23 hours ago, tigerfan0020 said:

This may be the toughest district in the state. 3 of the top 10 teams in the state are in this district. I can understand Upperman and Macon but not seeing Watertown at this point. Can anyone clarify for me.

I can assure you Watertown isn’t a top 10 team in the state. Yes, 13-2 record with the losses to Macon and upperman, but look at that schedule and tell me what solid basketball team they have beat. Their best win was central magnet at 5-3. In those 13 wins, their opponents combined record is 34-97 this year 

Edited by TNTig

18 hours ago, ChineseFlu said:

I guess that ended tonight huh?

If u would read my posts carefully I pretty much admitted I thought it was coming. Macon is not as good as last year by far but I was gonna ride that horse till it bucked "IT BUCKED" I didn't see this one but I knew upperman was gonna get them. Upperman is the best team in the state in any class. This could be what macon needed for a wake up call but I think there's not enough horse power there this year. It was fun while it lasted.

44 minutes ago, bigstick12 said:

If u would read my posts carefully I pretty much admitted I thought it was coming. Macon is not as good as last year by far but I was gonna ride that horse till it bucked "IT BUCKED" I didn't see this one but I knew upperman was gonna get them. Upperman is the best team in the state in any class. This could be what macon needed for a wake up call but I think there's not enough horse power there this year. It was fun while it lasted.

I was surprised by the score. York beat a good Macon team but barely beat a bad Kingston team. 

1 hour ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Good point I didn’t see the first game score until just now.  You just happened to post that the day after they played  the second time.  My bad.

Yes that’s why I posted that. I saw the York, Kingston score, so I was surprised that they beat Macon. But they provide that first game was a fluke. Do you think York will take runner up behind Upperman?

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

Yes that’s why I posted that. I saw the York, Kingston score, so I was surprised that they beat Macon. But they provide that first game was a fluke. Do you think York will take runner up behind Upperman?

I said preseason last year that York was a year away.  They are showing that now.  After seeing both teams play.  I don’t think York is 20pts better than MC.  They must of had themselves a game.  But if they are able to do what they do well which is play a half court game and dominate the boards then they are dangerous.   That’s how the beat us and one of only a handful of teams that has out rebounded us the last couple years.  I think we had 1 offensive rebound that game.  York is very physical and well coached.  I bet the Macon county game was similar.  Johnson is one of the top 5 players in the district and she makes them dangerous.   Do I think they can finish second?  They have a shot but winning at MC is tough.   I still think it’s a MC/Upperman race.  But that loss by MC means they have to sweep Upperman.  I think they will split. 

Edited by LadyCavsFan