Davidson vs USJ, Battle of the Ursidae vol. 4

Bellsburg2

2 hours ago, Bruin6311 said:

Turning point of the game may be the "catch" and fumble before half by USJ.  Should have been an incomplete pass but instead leads to a TD by Davidson right before half.  So instead of at least a 21-19 game at half, it should have been at worst 21-12, if not 28-12(assuming USJ scores on that drive).  

Plus, I am tired of hearing these announcers talking about how Davidson did not bring their A game in the first half.  Wait, what?  USJ played exceptional defense and killed themselves with turnovers or the score would have been worse.  Give the Bruins some credit for that!

USJ played about as well as they could.  Rest assured however, a play here or a play there,  did not decide this game.  DA was clearly the better team.  

• Upvote 1

Congrats DA you are a special team. I think we have more silver balls than anybody else in the state which is bad and good.  Proud of the boys tonight and we gave it a good run.  We cannot turn the ball over 4 times to DA and win.  We really needed to put more distance between us and then in the first half.  So glad we got this year of football in with Covid.  It was a roller coaster that I do want to go through in 2021

3 hours ago, Jtown37080 said:

Maybe you should experience for yourself instead of assuming. But good luck next year. Maybe y’all wont have to be runner ups anymore with us gone

I did not assume anything. I only stated what several different people have told me. Considering your response, I will assume that y'all are not very gracious in victory, or friendly to people, media, or teams from out of town. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, USJalum88 said:

Congrats DA you are a special team. I think we have more silver balls than anybody else in the state which is bad and good.  Proud of the boys tonight and we gave it a good run.  We cannot turn the ball over 4 times to DA and win.  We really needed to put more distance between us and then in the first half.  So glad we got this year of football in with Covid.  It was a roller coaster that I do want to go through in 2021

Great post! 

This is a great example of being gracious. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

I did not assume anything. I only stated what several different people have told me. Considering your response, I will assume that y'all are not very gracious in victory, or friendly to people, media, or teams from out of town. 

And you’re assuming once again. I’ve never seen anyone mistreated there in the three years we’ve been a part of the school. But have a good one