JEFFERSON COUNTY PATRIOTS FOOTBALL 2020

jcpatvols

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I'm sure neither Blount County or Maryville saw an explosion to the population 45 years later from a factory that would come into town having to draw outsiders to come in for a job because the original people that live here can't pass a pee in a cup test.  20 years ago I built 12 houses in a subdivision that are walking distance to William Blount High School and I remember saying back then if this continues the city lines could end up at the doorsteps of that school and people just laughed thinking i was crazy, guess who's laughing now. William Blount has outlived its useful life and no need to keep pouring good dollars chasing bad one's passing the buck on down the line to another group of leadership that makes the problem even worse for them. The Counties long term growth plan is simple, live to see another day.

What does any of that have to do with high school football? And what do you mean by outliving its usefulness? Are you defining usefulness purely by success in high school football? Does academic success and success in other sports not matter?

6 hours ago, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

What does any of that have to do with high school football? And what do you mean by outliving its usefulness? Are you defining usefulness purely by success in high school football? Does academic success and success in other sports not matter?

Usefulness means condition of school building. Lets just move over to William Blounts thread and carry forward with this friendly conversation.

• Like 1

The problem with Jeff Co runs deep. It starts with a bunch of soft kids and parents. The AD is horrible. Only got the job because he was BFF with former principal. The new principal played OL under Meadows and is a football guy. I hope he makes a change at AD and HC for football. No reason a school that big only has 45 players

On 12/2/2020 at 12:30 AM, 1OldPatriot said:

The problem with Jeff Co runs deep. It starts with a bunch of soft kids and parents. The AD is horrible. Only got the job because he was BFF with former principal. The new principal played OL under Meadows and is a football guy. I hope he makes a change at AD and HC for football. No reason a school that big only has 45 players

The same exact situation with a lot of other big schools, the bigger you are and spread out from here to TimBukTo it seems the harder it is to have a winning football team. Very few schools like this are even competitive with others. large schools with kids within close range of the school have an edge and something the TSSAA needs to think about. It's never been a fair cut for a lot of schools. Very surprised your program has totally fell into a coma on Spencer's watch.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 6:45 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

The same exact situation with a lot of other big schools, the bigger you are and spread out from here to TimBukTo it seems the harder it is to have a winning football team. Very few schools like this are even competitive with others. large schools with kids within close range of the school have an edge and something the TSSAA needs to think about. It's never been a fair cut for a lot of schools. Very surprised your program has totally fell into a coma on Spencer's watch.

Being “spread out” has nothing to do with anything. We’re as rural as it gets and we’ve been one of the most successful programs in 5A for over a decade (and 4A for a few years before that).

It’s the access to resources (talent and funding) that drive a program’s fortunes. The majority of those schools that are rich in both tend to be concentrated in suburbs, but there are several rural and urban exceptions. 

It sounds like Jefferson Co can’t get the politics out of the way, and that’s something that will kill any program, rural, suburban, or anywhere. Small towns do seem to be more susceptible to that ailment though I’ll admit. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2020 at 9:08 AM, cbg said:

How many of the Maryville football players are actually zoned for William Blount or Heritage?  

All of them. Does that fit you agenda, cbg? Serious question......what is going on at Catholic with all that talent and not much to show for it? Now that they are not playing down, what are your expectations moving forward?