South Pittsburg vs Fayetteville (Grider against this Morson man)

Roy Dillard

Looking at all the predictions so far of a big SP victory are justified if you just look at score and common opponents. City is definitely an underdog here...but that’s nothing new. There have been doubters and haters all season and here we are in the championship game. Something I will say about our boys is they aren’t scared or intimidated. They believe in themselves and each other. We may get beat but we won’t back down. If we are going to have a chance, we have to play the cleanest game we have played all season. Turnovers and penalties will have to be limited. Not sure how the weather will factor in. Whatever happens it is a blessing to be in this position. These boys have overcome the odds many times to get here. We’ll find out Friday if they can do it one more time. I’m proud of them either way. State For Tate. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Richmond30 said:

Looking at all the predictions so far of a big SP victory are justified if you just look at score and common opponents. City is definitely an underdog here...but that’s nothing new. There have been doubters and haters all season and here we are in the championship game. Something I will say about our boys is they aren’t scared or intimidated. They believe in themselves and each other. We may get beat but we won’t back down. If we are going to have a chance, we have to play the cleanest game we have played all season. Turnovers and penalties will have to be limited. Not sure how the weather will factor in. Whatever happens it is a blessing to be in this position. These boys have overcome the odds many times to get here. We’ll find out Friday if they can do it one more time. I’m proud of them either way. State For Tate. 

Good post. I still say this is going to be a dogfight.

8 minutes ago, Richmond30 said:

Good post! Excellent accomplishment for your team to be in this position. 

51 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Maybe so, but no way he’s as good as that kid from Greenback that plays D1 football now. 

With every good receiver you need a good QB.   Carnes from GB last year is scout team QB at D1 Louisville.  He is dang good.  Holdmeyer at Fayetteville is a sophomore (I think) and is pretty accurate, but not D1 Carnes good.  We need to disrupt their young backfield if we can.  They’ve got some good linemen.  I just don’t think with their style offense that they will be able to get outside on us, because they definitely aren’t running up the middle unless we just over pursue or miss tackles.  I know it’s always the keys to the game but we need to control the LOS, disrupt the QB, and tackle well.  I believe we need to keep them in 3rd and long situations then make them punt.  On offense we just need to score every time we get the ball.  The longer we let them hang around, the longer that bus ride home will be.  

6 hours ago, Richmond30 said:

Good post!

On 11/28/2020 at 12:25 AM, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

The defense we ran tonight against coalfield we should have ran against Meigs.  Those interior 3 with Big Poppa, Gio, and Josiah disrupted Coalfield’s backfield all night.  If they didn’t blow up the tackle, then Beene and Stone delivered the final blow.  

The best defensive lineman I've seen in several years.

Everything in me says the Pirates by 40+, but I also slept on the Tigers this post season. Not going to again here. This Tigers team is dynamic with athletes all over the field and extremely hungry. If it comes down to an X's and O's battle I think South Pitt has the edge. However, Fayetteville has the most athleticism and speed South Pitt has seen all year outside of maybe Meigs County.