South Pittsburg vs Fayetteville (Grider against this Morson man)

Roy Dillard

1 minute ago, InterestingDan said:

Everything in me says the Pirates by 40+, but I also slept on the Tigers this post season. Not going to again here. This Tigers team is dynamic with athletes all over the field and extremely hungry. If it comes down to an X's and O's battle I think South Pitt has the edge. However, Fayetteville has the most athleticism and speed South Pitt has seen all year outside of maybe Meigs County.

Thanks an INTERESTING assessment DAN:lol:

• Like 1

I’m agitated at the fact that all season it was “SP is gonna kill this team.” “SP is the best team in the state and this game won’t be close” and into the playoffs it was “SP is gonna kill Jo Byrns, they’ll beat up on Monterrey, they’ll go to gordonsville and win big, coalfield can’t handle SP.” and then the championship comes around and it’s like “well see I’m not sure about this one, it seems pretty darn even, SP is fast but Fayetteville may be able to match the speed and size. It’s gonna be really really close.” I’m not saying it can’t be really close but it’s like everyone hops in a shell come championship game time. That’s when everyone should be the most excited about their team winning. 

Edited by PFL30

22 minutes ago, PFL30 said:

I’m agitated at the fact that all season it was “SP is gonna kill this team.” “SP is the best team in the state and this game won’t be close” and into the playoffs it was “SP is gonna kill Jo Byrns, they’ll beat up on Monterrey, they’ll go to gordonsville and win big, coalfield can’t handle SP.” and then the championship comes around and it’s like “well see I’m not sure about this one, it seems pretty darn even, SP is fast but Fayetteville may be able to match the speed and size. It’s gonna be really really close.” I’m not saying it can’t be really close but it’s like everyone hops in a shell come championship game time. That’s when everyone should be the most excited about their team winning. 

Wont be close.

8 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

With every good receiver you need a good QB.   Carnes from GB last year is scout team QB at D1 Louisville.  He is dang good.  Holdmeyer at Fayetteville is a sophomore (I think) and is pretty accurate, but not D1 Carnes good.  We need to disrupt their young backfield if we can.  They’ve got some good linemen.  I just don’t think with their style offense that they will be able to get outside on us, because they definitely aren’t running up the middle unless we just over pursue or miss tackles.  I know it’s always the keys to the game but we need to control the LOS, disrupt the QB, and tackle well.  I believe we need to keep them in 3rd and long situations then make them punt.  On offense we just need to score every time we get the ball.  The longer we let them hang around, the longer that bus ride home will be.  

Exactly

58 minutes ago, InterestingDan said:

Everything in me says the Pirates by 40+, but I also slept on the Tigers this post season. Not going to again here. This Tigers team is dynamic with athletes all over the field and extremely hungry. If it comes down to an X's and O's battle I think South Pitt has the edge. However, Fayetteville has the most athleticism and speed South Pitt has seen all year outside of maybe Meigs County.

I would have to disagree. Watching Gordonsville and Fayetteville game on YouTube, Gordonsville was just as a fast as you were. You did not have any of your skill guys in that game because I compared them to your game Friday against Lake County. No question you guys are athletic, but Gordonsville was just as athletic and better on the line and it’s why they won. 

45 minutes ago, PFL30 said:

Calm down PFL30. You are still fairly new on here according to your number of posts unless you have changed screen names. The predictions you are seeing by some are the result of many years of being overconfident in a State Championship Game and Roy giving them a hard time about it. With that said, Fayetteville has earned the respect to give them some props. You don't want to overlook a team like this who is also playing for an "emotional side of the game".

1 minute ago, Pirate1999 said:

I would have to disagree. Watching Gordonsville and Fayetteville game on YouTube, Gordonsville was just as a fast as you were. You did not have any of your skill guys in that game because I compared them to your game Friday against Lake County. No question you guys are athletic, but Gordonsville was just as athletic and better on the line and it’s why they won. 

First off, I probably run a 7,8 40 yard dash, 9.5 if we are using a laser... Not sure why you say you so much. Also, I'm not from Fayetteville nor root on the Tigers. Just a football fan from upper Middle TN that likes following high school football across the mid state and beyond.

3 minutes ago, piratetom said:

Calm down PFL30. You are still fairly new on here according to your number of posts unless you have changed screen names. The predictions you are seeing by some are the result of many years of being overconfident in a State Championship Game and Roy giving them a hard time about it. With that said, Fayetteville has earned the respect to give them some props. You don't want to overlook a team like this who is also playing for an "emotional side of the game".

Then don’t hype up any other game. It’s embarrassing when the state championship gets the least hype and the most doubts. I’ve never seen an Alabama or Clemson fan scared of the national championship. They always assume they are gonna win big. Whether it happens or not is a different story. Yeah I’m new, I’m new to posting. I’ve read the threads for a long time now and decided to hop in the action. I’ve played in big games myself, and no player goes into it scared or worried or frightened. They all assume they are gonna win big, at least I did. Fans need to do the same. Players feed off of fans. Multiple players have texted me saying that they know it’s limited seating and it’s a big stadium but they need us to be there and be loud as ever because they thrive off of it. I’m gonna be the first one to be cocky, and the last to apologize for it. Fans should be. Fans should always say their team is gonna kill the other team, even if it doesn’t happen. You don’t look stupid, you look like a fan. 

11 minutes ago, piratetom said:

I want Fayetteville fans to do the same. I want them to say they are gonna win big. It shows school pride. It shows pride in your team. 

20 minutes ago, InterestingDan said:

First off, I probably run a 7,8 40 yard dash, 9.5 if we are using a laser... Not sure why you say you so much. Also, I'm not from Fayetteville nor root on the Tigers. Just a football fan from upper Middle TN that likes following high school football across the mid state and beyond.

I run probably slower than you are. I’m an old fat and washed up lineman but I do follow football ... I have a son that’s a freshman on team. He doesn’t get much Reps this year!  I love high school football 

6 minutes ago, PFL30 said:

Then don’t hype up any other game. It’s embarrassing when the state championship gets the least hype and the most doubts. I’ve never seen an Alabama or Clemson fan scared of the national championship. They always assume they are gonna win big. Whether it happens or not is a different story. Yeah I’m new, I’m new to posting. I’ve read the threads for a long time now and decided to hop in the action. I’ve played in big games myself, and no player goes into it scared or worried or frightened. They all assume they are gonna win big, at least I did. Fans need to do the same. Players feed off of fans. Multiple players have texted me saying that they know it’s limited seating and it’s a big stadium but they need us to be there and be loud as ever because they thrive off of it. I’m gonna be the first one to be cocky, and the last to apologize for it. Fans should be. Fans should always say their team is gonna kill the other team, even if it doesn’t happen. You don’t look stupid, you look like a fan. 

Most of us on here are saying we will win big but also recognize that the team we are playing can be dangerous if we aren't clicking on all cylinders. None of the Pirate Fans on here are scared of the State  Championship. Most of us have played in it as well. Myself, all the way back in 1985 and 1986. Yes, this is our year, anything less than the GOLD BALL will be a disappointment. So I applaud your enthusiasm and agree with most things you are saying. But I was taught by Don Grider to respect your opponent, and then punch them in the face on the field.  Go Pirates!

BTW - the mercy rule predictions will show up in a few days.