South Pittsburg vs Fayetteville (Grider against this Morson man)

Roy Dillard

2 minutes ago, harley04 said:

We try to go into a alcoa match positive, but it seems this year SP is running thru 1a like Alcoa runs thru 3a. I picked against Whitwell all the way and I loss 2 years ago. :mrgreen:

Harley they were two better football teams than Whitwell that got put out by Whitwell because Whitwell was on a mission from God!:thumb:

Edited by orngnblk

28 minutes ago, piratetom said:

Calm down PFL30. You are still fairly new on here according to your number of posts unless you have changed screen names. The predictions you are seeing by some are the result of many years of being overconfident in a State Championship Game and Roy giving them a hard time about it. With that said, Fayetteville has earned the respect to give them some props. You don't want to overlook a team like this who is also playing for an "emotional side of the game".

Roy better hide behind that Murphy man when he is in Cookville.  Some of those Greenback fellas want to shoot him out of a clown cannon at halftime. Its a bird, its a plane, its Roy D. Dillard!

9 minutes ago, harley04 said:

We try to go into a alcoa match positive, but it seems this year SP is running thru 1a like Alcoa runs thru 3a. I picked against Whitwell all the way and I loss 2 years ago. :mrgreen:

That whitwell team wasn’t gonna lose. This is a stretch but they may have won a couple other classifications that year. Probably not but I’d love to see it. That team was out to kill and they weren’t settling for anything less 

48 minutes ago, rlh said:

Roy better hide behind that Murphy man when he is in Cookville.  Some of those Greenback fellas want to shoot him out of a clown cannon at halftime. Its a bird, its a plane, its Roy D. Dillard!

RLH  I will be with Murphy all weekend.  He always gets me a pass.  We talk about his book and next years book to.  You think im joking but im not. 

The Tigers are always the underdogs and have never come on here talking a bunch of mess. Why would they start now? The Tigers will do what they do every week. They will prepare each day for the team they face on Friday. They will bring the most loyal group of fans you could ask for. They will leave it all on the field. These boys have faced challenges a whole lot harder than a championship game so don't expect them to be intimidated. They will walk in that stadium with no fear and do their job. They see and hear what people say but they don't need others to build them up. They are brothers and they build each other up everyday. They may not have a Mr Football on the team but we've had one before and that doesn't win State Championships. We are excited to come to Cookville and support our Tigers!! See you all Friday!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, tiger355 said:

The Tigers are always the underdogs and have never come on here talking a bunch of mess. Why would they start now? The Tigers will do what they do every week. They will prepare each day for the team they face on Friday. They will bring the most loyal group of fans you could ask for. They will leave it all on the field. These boys have faced challenges a whole lot harder than a championship game so don't expect them to be intimidated. They will walk in that stadium with no fear and do their job. They see and hear what people say but they don't need others to build them up. They are brothers and they build each other up everyday. They may not have a Mr Football on the team but we've had one before and that doesn't win State Championships. We are excited to come to Cookville and support our Tigers!! See you all Friday!

Old Pirate wondering, who was the Tigers Mr. Football? 

2 hours ago, PFL30 said:

I’m agitated at the fact that all season it was “SP is gonna kill this team.” “SP is the best team in the state and this game won’t be close” and into the playoffs it was “SP is gonna kill Jo Byrns, they’ll beat up on Monterrey, they’ll go to gordonsville and win big, coalfield can’t handle SP.” and then the championship comes around and it’s like “well see I’m not sure about this one, it seems pretty darn even, SP is fast but Fayetteville may be able to match the speed and size. It’s gonna be really really close.” I’m not saying it can’t be really close but it’s like everyone hops in a shell come championship game time. That’s when everyone should be the most excited about their team winning. 

Feller,  only the arm chair gurus make bode predictions, then gloat if anywhere close to being correct. Old Pirate ain’t gots tastebuds fer crowsoup.