South Pittsburg vs Fayetteville (Grider against this Morson man)

Roy Dillard

2 minutes ago, TonyHorton91281 said:

This defensive line especially at DT is likely the most overall talented the program has even seen. Scary part is 3 of the 4 that rotate are back next season. Now DE after this season will have some growing up to do next year after losing Pittman last year and Allen & Cagle this year. Gio Davis is a 6’5 285 version of Silvy which is why he has D1 offers. When he plays mad it’s over. Consistency is his biggest challenge going into next season. 

Grider needs to make this Davis boy real mad right before kickoff.  You think im joking but im not. 

Whew! My first post here on the infamous CoachT message boards. 

I usually just stay in the dark and read the boards but I had to make a post on this on. This game will not be close. SP will come out of the gate with the pedal to the floor and they will not let up. I think you will see a mercy rule in affect a little ways into the 3rd qt. I have absolutely zero connection to either team. This is just an observation from having watch them both play. Kids from and brought into SP have a win only mentality instilled in them from day 1. That staff lets them know what they expect from the kids and the kids buy into it. That is what makes them contenders year in and year out in 1a football.  I look for this game to get out of quickly. 

52-15 SP

3 minutes ago, powerp said:

What's more exciting than practicing in the snow for a state title? Our boys are locked and loaded. I even hear we have some extra gunpowder ready to bring to TTU.

Is it snowing down there? That’s crazy. I live in New York and it’s not even snowing up here 

I've seen several videos of both teams this year and I'm not seeing this enormous talent gap so many are speaking of.  The Fayetteville team playing this week in Cookeville is not the same team that played Gordonsville a few weeks ago.  The return of the suspended players and the playoff eligible transfers give them a huge talent boost. Their sophomore QB  has made huge improvements since midseason as well. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Salem said:

I've seen several videos of both teams this year and I'm not seeing this enormous talent gap so many are speaking of.  The Fayetteville team playing this week in Cookeville is not the same team that played Gordonsville a few weeks ago.  The return of the suspended players and the playoff eligible transfers give them a huge talent boost. Their sophomore QB  has made huge improvements since midseason as well. 

I think the talent gap is more so on defense for either team. Both offenses are high powered but SP just has a better defense. Not to say Fayetteville doesn’t have a good defense but many would agree that the big talent gap is between the SP defense and the FC defense 

17 minutes ago, Salem said:

What you're missing out on is...don't say it...don't say it....Roy will be proud.

21 minutes ago, Salem said:

I'll just say this...watch Friday

Edited by powerp

59 minutes ago, 1Longshot said:

I just hope the Coronavirus doesn't take anything away from the teams getting to compete for a title this year. Word is there will be rapid testing done on all teams before they play. Anyone else heard this info?

Heard you were a troll! Anybody else heard this?

• Upvote 1