South Pittsburg vs Fayetteville (Grider against this Morson man)

Roy Dillard

5 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

SP had their chances in that one it sounded like. I like SP in this game on Friday. I said in 2018 they would be the team to beat in the east in 2019 and 2020. I guess I was partially right. 

50/50 is not bad lol. It will be another year I think before we will be really relevant IMO 

2 minutes ago, PFL30 said:

I think we were the better team last year, but I think their 1 or 2 big weapons were better than our 1 or 2 big weapons if that makes sense. And their 1-2 big weapons made more big plays than ours did in the end 

Honestly I think they were really close. SP couldn’t stop our passing game and we had trouble stopping your running game. 

I've seen us get to the state game several times and wanna try something cute at times, but we need to come out and play our game and thing's will take care of themselves. I for one am not taking FC as an easy opponent. There's a reason there in the final. It's going to be a good game. I've watched some of there highlights and they have athletes that can match up with us.  Plus the weather can play a big part for both teams. I look for FC to throw caution to the wind and come out gunning for us and we better be ready. This is Christmas time and I'm sure they don't want to just give us a gift. I still think the D line will win this game for us. I look for our QB to step it up in his final HS game. 

22 minutes ago, sportman said:

I've seen us get to the state game several times and wanna try something cute at times, but we need to come out and play our game and thing's will take care of themselves. I for one am not taking FC as an easy opponent. There's a reason there in the final. It's going to be a good game. I've watched some of there highlights and they have athletes that can match up with us.  Plus the weather can play a big part for both teams. I look for FC to throw caution to the wind and come out gunning for us and we better be ready. This is Christmas time and I'm sure they don't want to just give us a gift. I still think the D line will win this game for us. I look for our QB to step it up in his final HS game. 

I approve this post! You able to get off work for the game?

For those who think SP is more talented and athletic that FC , you are sadly mistaken. SP does have an advantage in depth however, that may be the key, Fayetteville has big strong fast kids all over the field that have won a ton of games together, but that won’t get them past SP, close till the 4th, SP may score late when FC turns over on downs for their last punch. All in all, probably one of the better 1A matchups and one I would get used to seeing if I was all of you

SP 42

FC 33

2 minutes ago, Snowballschance said:

For those who think SP is more talented and athletic that FC , you are sadly mistaken. SP does have an advantage in depth however, that may be the key, Fayetteville has big strong fast kids all over the field that have won a ton of games together, but that won’t get them past SP, close till the 4th, SP may score late when FC turns over on downs for their last punch. All in all, probably one of the better 1A matchups and one I would get used to seeing if I was all of you

SP 42

FC 33

There’s nothing wrong with your opinion because well, it’s your opinion. But I think the one thing you over overlooking is the fact that the most points SP has given up was 28 after 3 weeks off and that was to Meigs County who could very well win the 2A championship. And I’m willing to bet a lot of money they Fayetteville doesn’t have a better offense than Meigs County. They may, but I highly doubt it. 

This senior class is special to me so I want to honor some of these seniors that I've been around for a long time.

14 Hunter Powers- A very bright kid. Does the right thing. Hunter is very fundamental. He is what a pirate should be in/out of the classroom.

17 Jackson Lewis- Again, a great student. Jackson is very heady. He knows how to play the game and puts himself into positions to be successful to get the most out of his ability. He has matured a lot on the field from his Jr. to Sr. Year.

1 Brayden Sanders- Another good kid in the classroom. Brayden is very talented. He sometimes puts a lot of pressure on himself but that is expected with the talent he has. Brayden is very versatile and like many of his fellow seniors is a multi sport athlete and a successful one at that. 

4 Hunter Frame- I said this many, many years ago before Hunter was even in Jr High that he would be the next coming of Sawyer Kelley. What I meant by that is Hunter plays with aggression, attitude, and passion. His motor is always wide open. Hunter and I had a good conversation last year and he told me he was just going to focus on football and wanted to get bigger, stronger, and faster. His hard work last year is paying off. He WILL win Mr. Football and if he doesn't they should never give the award away again.

11 Coby Cooper -Coby is as enthusiastic and passionate of a young man as I have ever seen. He plays the game how it should be played, with 100 percent effort. Coby gets his teammates fired up and also can lead them in one heck of a powerful prayer before games.

16 Luke Dobson -My guy. Luke gets everything out of his ability he can. He loves the game. He knows where he is supposed to be at all times. You never have to worry about Luke not giving 100 percent. He is a model of consistency in multiple sports.

20 JJ Beene -I can't say enough about him. Everyone knows JJ on the field, but his character and demeanor off the field is incredible. JJ is a great kid who will do big things in life. You could argue he is the spark plug for our team on defense. JJ sets the tone with his passion and energy. JJ is not only cerebral on the field but in the classroom as well. Watch him play on Friday. JJ can cover wr's and also provide run fits. Great player.

50 Cooper Moss- Coop has totally transformed his body from last year to this year. You want to see what hard work and motivation can get you? Look at Coop. Coop plays hard as an undersized linemen and leaves it all on the field. He will be in the right positions and throw his body at whoever in order to get his block.

52 Miles Walters- Good kid who has improved a ton on the field and off. Miles was given a big task this year on the field at center and has improved dramatically for the Pirates not only with his snaps but his blocking as well.

55 Jamal Allen- Intense, electric, and will-power. Jamal is all of these. Jamal has had some set backs over the years with injuries but has rebounded nicely to have a great career. His play at defensive end sets the tone for the Pirates line. Jamal plays very well on the O line as well and will serve up several pancakes.

58 Ryan Cagle- Rhino is just an overall great kid. There are not enough words to describe all the selfless acts that Ryan does to put his teammates ahead of himself. Ryan always does the small things correctly. He is what a Pirate should be. He doesn't need the fame or glory but recognizes it's about putting the team first. Ryan will be very successful outside of all sports because he has a great head on his shoulders.

59 Jared Stone- Jerry comes from just a football family. I think his blood is orange and black instead of red. Jared is a tremendous athlete in multiple sports and moves very well for a big guy. Jared is well respected in the school and out and that is a testament to his work ethic and family upbringing. If you listen Friday you will hear several "thumps" and that will be from Jared laying the wood on somebody.

I know there are a few guys I didn't mention that are seniors but I wanted to pay tribute to those I've been around for a long, long time. 1 to go gentlemen. I know y'all are ready and can't wait.

Edited by powerp