South Pittsburg vs Fayetteville (Grider against this Morson man)

Roy Dillard

Dearest Mother-

It is I, your youngest son, who is of sound mind and strong body.  I have once again taken up my coveted goose quill you gave me as a young boy when you were teaching me my alphabet.  Oh, how I have cherished it through all these years.  I'm writing to inform you of our latest triumph over the Yellow Jacket men from the land of Coalfield.  Captain Victory and his band of Pirates were extremely lethal with the ground assault that was unleashed nearly half a fortnight ago. Also, The Band of Pirates' defensive maneuvers were just as overwhelming, as we outmanned them at every point of attack and outflanked them at every turn.  In the end, the Yellow Jacket men were simply overrun then completely ran out of the Valley. Needless to say, Captain Victory, in all of his tactfulness and considerate diplomacy, allowed YellowJacket Henry to sign a one year armistice of peace and a two year promise to not enter The Beene.  Up next is the final campaign. Yes, up next is the City Tigers. Hailing from the county land of Lincoln in Fayetteville.  These City Tigers are led by Major Morson for two years ongoing now. Major Morson and his City Tigers have traversed a western landscape bringing them face to face with Captain Victory and his Band of Pirates. Yes, the final campaign of this long, arduous and unprecedented season is about to unfold.  For we are standing on the plateau. Yes, we have reached this plateau where all brave and strong have longed and battled valiantly for.   Alas, Captain Victory has led us here. Yes, he has led us here and it is upon this plateau that we will take our final stand. We are ready. Yes, we have been preparing for this all of our lives. We were born and bred for this very moment.  Tell Poppa the last campaign for ultimate supremacy is nearly upon us.  Tell him hours are dwindling away.  And soon, very soon, the whole plateau shall witness the full power of this fully armed and operational Pirate BattleShip.  Yes, Captain Victory has led us here and it is from here that we shall go forward claiming honor and glory. Sweetest Mother of mine, I must put away my quill, for I most assuredly need to ready my Banner.  Yes, my Banner is Orange and Black, it represents the Mighty Pirates of South Pittsburg, and it must be readied so I may raise it high in battle.  The Battle for the BlueCross treasure high on the plateau awaits us.   Love to all-

Sgt Southtowner

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Game Day Baby! Through rain,wind, hail, or snow it doesn't matter. Weather like this best line play wins. Grind it out open up those cracks for our backs to get through and we win. Doesn't matter if it's 7 to 0 win is a win. If your blood runneth orange stick out your chest and hold your head up high because it's a great day to be a PIRATE!

While driving in to work this morning I had to start off with The Horse, followed by Back in Black, a little Bad Company and rounded it out with Thunderstruck.  As I pulled in to work I had to go back to The Horse once more for good measure.  The goosebumps were out and I'm bouncing off of the walls.  I can't wait to get out of here and head up to Tucker Stadium.  

On the drive home I hope to be playing We Are The Champions!

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

1 hour ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

While driving in to work this morning I had to start off with The Horse, followed by Back in Black, a little Bad Company and rounded it out with Thunderstruck.  As I pulled in to work I had to go back to The Horse once more for good measure.  The goosebumps were out and I'm bouncing off of the walls.  I can't wait to get out of here and head up to Tucker Stadium.  

On the drive home I hope to be playing We Are The Champions!

Amen