South Pittsburg vs Fayetteville (Grider against this Morson man)

Roy Dillard

31 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

From a very close source and friend of Grider's, I was told he was planning to leave after this season. However, he may have assumed he was going to win State and go out with another championship.

If his plan is to come to Georgia, I would think twice. The regular season in Georgia is like playing Greenback or Fayetteville 8 weeks out of 10. 

2 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Are you saying Fayetteville's AD and Assistant AD, or the TSSAA's cleared him?
I'm not sure a Judge in a higher court would hear any action against the TSSAA anyway, unless it could be easily proven they intentionally did anything wrong. The TSSAA's decisions are grabbed out of the air many times - and they may make different decision depending on the school. 

TSSAA.

Basically, the kid moved to Lincoln County but not to Fayetteville proper. Both Fayetteville City and Lincoln County schools are open zoned, so you can attend either regardless of whether you live in the city limits or not. So, based on that, City considered him to have moved into their school zone, and the TSSAA ruled him eligible. I don't know who was pushing them to keep looking at it, but on the third or fourth consideration they determined that he was not in fact eligible as a transfer to City from Alabama because no City bus ran by his house, which was apparently a relatively obscure eligibility bylaw. He would have been eligible at LCHS, as a County school bus did run by his house. Conversely, if he'd moved into the city limits, he'd have been ineligible for LCHS, which I doubt LCHS people would have realized either.

TSSAA made the right call on the letter of the law, but it was arguable whether it was right to reverse a decision on a technicality after they'd previously ruled at least twice that he was eligible and he'd been playing in good faith. He was a decent player but by no means key, as the other QB was a far better overall athlete. They were undefeated in several games without him, and he transferred out this season as a rising senior as it apparently looked like he was going to be beaten out by a sophomore.

38 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Wrong.This years LC team just had a couple plays that cost them this year against Fayetteville and this years LC team wasnt close to last years team.Would been about 40 to nothing this year LC vs last year LC.You need to give up smoking.Fayetteville wouldnt have run the ball on last years team

Last year’s team wouldn’t have played this Fayetteville team, genius. They were 10-0 and the guy who just put up 200 yards in the championship game was playing middle school ball. 

2 minutes ago, Salem said:

Last year’s team wouldn’t have played this Fayetteville team, genius. They were 10-0 and the guy who just put up 200 yards in the championship game was playing middle school ball. 

Also ITS OVER!!LOL.They just won it all regardless.They are beating a dead  horse.

18 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Talent alone doesn’t always win you the game.    I’m mad and I won’t be on here much for a bit.  It’s a small town and I have to live there.  Nevertheless Faye City deserved it, prepared well, and coached a great game.  

Nice to meet you boys! I hate it for them boys they played their hearts out.. The men at the head let them boys down!