South Pittsburg vs Fayetteville (Grider against this Morson man)

Roy Dillard

11 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate jest tested positive for covid, so best to respond ASAP. Congratulations to the Tigers from Fayetteville on the “W”. Important to recognize the Tigers fer there strong team finish & state championship. SP fans & players present & past should be proud of this years team and their successes. OP posted early the Pirates needed to start early being nasty and follow throughout that way. The Pirates were extremely close to finishing what they started. The initial drive that came up short of the end zone was critical. Kelly given more playing experience this year would/should have learnt him to square shoulders in traffic near the goal line. Secondly, the early loss of the lone starting Allstate Mr. Football finalist offensive lineman/middle linebacker really hurt the Pirates. The Pirate QB had a respectful game but the team hurry up clock management was atrocious. OP agrees using 3 timeouts early in 1st half was directly contributed to player confusion of personnel & alignment. Arguably this falls on the coaches, but all know all too well how difficult it is to get youngons attention. At the end of the day, success & failure routinely starts and ends up front. Old Pirate says losses are always useful Ifin properly digested. 

Get better OP still got to give you and Roy a fit. M O P boys. 

How bout them Tigers!!  Very proud of those guys!  I wanted to jump into this thread early in the week and put my two cents in on everyone picking SP and the blowout scores but I am way to superstitious (down to the socks).  I would hate to think I put the jinx on them by voicing my thoughts.  Coach Morson is the man!  He had the guys ready.  I've felt all season they played to their opponent and I believe the same happened yesterday.  That was one of the best games I have ever seen.  Congratulations to South Pitt on being there.  I'm sure you will be back.  The game played out like it was yours to take but City played like they had to take it from you.  Maybe see ya again next year!  GO TIGERS!!!

1 hour ago, 93grad said:

How bout them Tigers!!  Very proud of those guys!  I wanted to jump into this thread early in the week and put my two cents in on everyone picking SP and the blowout scores but I am way to superstitious (down to the socks).  I would hate to think I put the jinx on them by voicing my thoughts.  Coach Morson is the man!  He had the guys ready.  I've felt all season they played to their opponent and I believe the same happened yesterday.  That was one of the best games I have ever seen.  Congratulations to South Pitt on being there.  I'm sure you will be back.  The game played out like it was yours to take but City played like they had to take it from you.  Maybe see ya again next year!  GO TIGERS!!!

100% on the money. Great game, great kids, great coaches. First Moore Co/City game was the best game I had ever seen. This one bumped it to #2. 

3 hours ago, piratetom said:

Congrats to Fayetteville. Outcoached and outplayed us all night long. Great bunch of kids who showed great sportsmanship towards our boys at the end. 

#3 for the Tigers was the best player on the field . Amazing talent and fun to watch.

Pirates - thank you for another great season. The  bar has been set, work hard in the off-season and punch your ticket again next year .  

LRDAO.... Tiger Tom what kind of mess is this? Is you, powerp, and PM ever gonna learn with your predictions? I garuntee you I aint joking either. 

10 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

That's the rumor. Brentwood Academy did that to us when we beat them for the AA title in 92. We were a 4 TD underdog to a team ranked in the top 10 in the nation. They should have mercy ruled us but sometimes kids hear all that mess and just decide nope not today. We're here and taking it to them. That's exactly what Fayetteville did. They were the aggressor and pretty much shell shocked the pirates.

I was at that game. BA was a beast in those days. We (Cleveland) had an unbelievable team the next year and we had to score with 43 seconds left to beat BA. BTW-They left the runner up trophy in the stands that year. 

1 hour ago, chs1984 said:

I was at that game. BA was a beast in those days. We (Cleveland) had an unbelievable team the next year and we had to score with 43 seconds left to beat BA. BTW-They left the runner up trophy in the stands that year. 

Haha I didn't know that. We would always stay and watch the Cleveland games when we played before them. They were beasts!