South Pittsburg vs Fayetteville (Grider against this Morson man)

Roy Dillard

1 minute ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I don’t think he mean option play as in what most think.  I took it as having more options from a single formation than what we always seemed to do. 

Well, putting R. Hunter in there as a half back along with Frame would have been interesting instead of trying to get 75 to The Fridge (#72) from Ditka's Bears.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldfaithful said:

Well I know I'm late to the party so I won't take as many jabs as I could have but I always hate it for the kids. That group of seniors had a heck of a career and I wish them all success in their next chapter of life. As for SP posters, you fellas had this guy convinced it was going to be a walk in the park. Guess most (NOT ALL) of you had those rose colored glasses on Old Pirate is always referring to. Don't worry, I've got a guy on the way down to the speedway as I type to pick them up and bring them back to the jailhouse. The truth of the matter is that if both of our programs don't start coming out on the winning side of these contests for the gold ball, we are going to be remembered as the programs that can't get it done. I echo Pirate Mike's statement when it comes to finishing second, would rather go out in the previous rounds than go to just be 2nd. Probably not a popular opinion but not everybody is cut from the same cloth. The road ahead looks like a tough one for SP if they are going to get another gold ball in the next couple of years, but maybe being in the underdog roll will be just what Mr. Adcock ordered. 

I agree with you on all points. We had people on here predicting a mercy rule win. That’s just plain stupid, but that’s just my opinion and we’ve all got those. SP won’t be getting a gold ball anytime soon. The east is playing for second the next 2 years. Again... just my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I agree with you on all points. We had people on here predicting a mercy rule win. That’s just plain stupid, but that’s just my opinion and we’ve all got those. SP won’t be getting a gold ball anytime soon. The east is playing for second the next 2 years. Again... just my opinion. 

Bass, you better watch your back around town saying things like that, Roy might try to get his goat to hit ya where the good lord split ya. Thing is, those SP posters have more eyes on them more than anybody due to the success of the program and SP is one of the more active fanbases on the T. Because of that, people will continue to show up to kick SP when they fall short. All that means is your program is doing something right. 

As far as your offense is concerned, I think SP has had the talent 4 or 5 years in the 2010s to switch to an up tempo RPO modern day offense. I understand the wing t has been good to ole vic, and is a good offense to run if you have numerous fast athletes. It only takes one mistake to get 7 points. If he could implement that offense, they should would be hard to beat. Look at what CAK did in to Alcoa in 11 and 12. To me Richard looks like he will be a good to great QB during his time there. In my opinion, I think he gave you a better chance to win this year than Sanders. But that's just my two cents. 

29 minutes ago, oldfaithful said:

Bass, you better watch your back around town saying things like that, Roy might try to get his goat to hit ya where the good lord split ya. Thing is, those SP posters have more eyes on them more than anybody due to the success of the program and SP is one of the more active fanbases on the T. Because of that, people will continue to show up to kick SP when they fall short. All that means is your program is doing something right. 

As far as your offense is concerned, I think SP has had the talent 4 or 5 years in the 2010s to switch to an up tempo RPO modern day offense. I understand the wing t has been good to ole vic, and is a good offense to run if you have numerous fast athletes. It only takes one mistake to get 7 points. If he could implement that offense, they should would be hard to beat. Look at what CAK did in to Alcoa in 11 and 12. To me Richard looks like he will be a good to great QB during his time there. In my opinion, I think he gave you a better chance to win this year than Sanders. But that's just my two cents. 

I completely agree.  It’s time for either a completely different offense, or at least don’t be afraid to open it up to something different each game.  I’m a firm believer in if it ain’t broke don’t try to fix it, but we don’t even do that especially the last few years.  Like I said, I’d like to sit down with a coach and rewatch the state game plus even a few other games to get some insight as to why or how we do things.  I know I’m not entitled to that, but it would be nice.  

I’m still upset about how the game unfolded.  I know I’m not the only one or we would already be talking on a Pirates 2021 thread which btw hasn’t even been created yet.  This tells me many fans and supporters all feel the same.  Not taking ANYTHING away from Fayetteville so please don’t think that.  They played a great game and executed their game plan.  Good luck next year.  Your coach is obviously a good one.  I hope he stays because I’m sure he’s been called about other jobs already.  

8 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I’m still upset about how the game unfolded.  I know I’m not the only one or we would already be talking on a Pirates 2021 thread which btw hasn’t even been created yet.  This tells me many fans and supporters all feel the same.  Not taking ANYTHING away from Fayetteville so please don’t think that.  They played a great game and executed their game plan.  Good luck next year.  Your coach is obviously a good one.  I hope he stays because I’m sure he’s been called about other jobs already.  

I’m not even a Pirate and I am still very upset of how the game unfolded!

23 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I sure hope he stays!!!  We are loaded the next 4 or 5 years and I am sure he knows it!  

1 hour ago, 93grad said:

I sure hope he stays!!!  We are loaded the next 4 or 5 years and I am sure he knows it!  

Yep I knew going in y’all had size to match us up front but I think y’all were bigger than us actually.  I looked at the roster and it said sophomore, junior, junior, sophomore, freshman, and I was like WOW.  Then the sizes were all like 6’3” and 6’4” and 250-300 lbs.  crazy for 1A.  We had 1-2 guys that size and people talked about us being big.  #9 was only a sophomore and was 6’3” 220.  

11 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I don't remember but maybe 2 or 3 Pirates calling for a Mercy Rule.  Most were coming from others.

7 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I'm guessing the truck did not help?