Milan vs Alcoa 3A State Championship

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

11 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I never said Peabody was as not the better team. They were the better team and I listed several reasons why. Easley played less than 5 snaps in that game so I should have been more specific. He is on the field every play now. Big difference. And yes line play won. A lot of that had to do with a veteran line returning and no live action or scrimmages for the team. And yes I know you didn’t have any either but when all of them have starting experience In the system under the current staff and we don’t that makes a huge difference.  Again Peabody was definitely the better team that night. Just listing my reasons why I’m my opinion. 

At the beginning of the season no, but I will say it now, Milan would win by 14 minimum imo and I am not partial to either team, just call it how I see it. Peabody wouldnt beat Pearl Cohn imo, no disrespect to PB, Milan just got much better over the course of the season.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/28/2020 at 6:30 PM, cofo said:

get over it ...T$$AA investigated Milan and found nothing....take a look at the east TN all star team...most Alcoa players have to use their GPS to know how to get to the school...last time Milan played the University of Alcoa their starting QB lived in Knoxville...his parents admitted it...you think im joking but im not....

hahahahahaha, best comment of the year.  I'm just here to read the rest of them hahaha.  

14 minutes ago, Purplehase said:

Milan beat 2 of the top contenders from west tn in 4a and SGC beat the other.  A lot more local teams in 4a next year.  3a in west tn will become irrelevant except for Covington unless somebody moves up.

Covington should make semis every year easily now. They were 1-5 against Milan and SGC last 6 meetings. Need to update their offense a little

41 minutes ago, mhsbd89 said:

Covington should make semis every year easily now. They were 1-5 against Milan and SGC last 6 meetings. Need to update their offense a little

Since 17 Covington was 7-4 against Milan and South Gibson unless I counted wrong. And all the losses were very close— that’s not counting covid loss a couple weeks ago.

Edited by bglass
Error

11 hours ago, 1Eugatnom said:

We used to play travel ball with one of your lineman. He was actually matched up with my son most of the night. That kid is a beast. I watch a lot of film, Milan has enough tools to surprise everyone in Cookeville. I will say this, they don't play physical on a consistent basis. But, they seem to play to the level of competition also. When they play physical, watch 

Edited by Dawgforlife

12 hours ago, SteveFlynn said:

I agree with the methodical approach mentioned but it could come fast and furious as well. Milan won't score more than 7 points all game against this Alcoa defense. They haven't seen anything like it. And Alcoa's offense is in top gear right now. Let's all just go ahead and admit it finally. There are no other 3A schools that can compete with Alcoa right now. They are undeniably the cream of the crop.

If Milan, Peabody, Huntingdon or Mckenzie could get kids from all over the area like Alcoa does, no one would touch them either. Can you imagine what those teams would be like? 

14 minutes ago, Waker said:

If Milan, Peabody, Huntingdon or Mckenzie could get kids from all over the area like Alcoa does, no one would touch them either. Can you imagine what those teams would be like? 

I wished we could lol. All these teams would be a juggernaut, also Humboldt and Gibson County would not have a football program   

Edited by Goldenpride

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I never said Peabody was as not the better team. They were the better team and I listed several reasons why. Easley played less than 5 snaps in that game so I should have been more specific. He is on the field every play now. Big difference. And yes line play won. A lot of that had to do with a veteran line returning and no live action or scrimmages for the team. And yes I know you didn’t have any either but when all of them have starting experience In the system under the current staff and we don’t that makes a huge difference.  Again Peabody was definitely the better team that night. Just listing my reasons why I’m my opinion. 

Doesn’t matter who was the RB. Peabody blasted Milan in the trenches. Get over it already. You’ve made 21 excuses since that game. Peabody lost how many playmakers last year? A sophomore qb diced u up. A jr rb  and a jr wr and a nice OL. None have offers. The kid from liberty has an Alabama offer. Can we stop this now lol 

Edited by Wizard21
  • Like 1