Milan vs Alcoa 3A State Championship

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

3 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

At the beginning of the season no, but I will say it now, Milan would win by 14 minimum imo and I am not partial to either team, just call it how I see it. Peabody wouldnt beat Pearl Cohn imo, no disrespect to PB, Milan just got much better over the course of the season.....

PC with 30 penalties. That game was over if they could line up and run a play .do u know who you’re playing at 11 am Friday . Lawd

3 hours ago, Wizard21 said:

Doesn’t matter who was the RB. Peabody blasted Milan in the trenches. Get over it already. You’ve made 21 excuses since that game. Peabody lost how many playmakers last year? A sophomore qb diced u up. A jr rb  and a jr wr and a nice OL. None have offers. The kid from liberty has an Alabama offer. Can we stop this now lol 

I’ve made no excuses since that game. I’ve said over and over Peabody was the better team. And I’ll say what I want when I want got it?  If you don’t like it you can take your little three posts and go for a long walk off a short bridge. Your a newbie. If you want to be cool that’s fine but don’t come in here starting a bunch of non sense. You won’t be around long. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

I wish my team was playing this weekend, anyhow, what does who they're playing have to do with what I said...

He has no clue who your team is Kevin. He assumes since you posted here you must be a Milan supporter. And I guess he thinks we don’t know who Alcoa is. He’s just a troll trying to stir the pot bro. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Waker said:

If Milan, Peabody, Huntingdon or Mckenzie could get kids from all over the area like Alcoa does, no one would touch them either. Can you imagine what those teams would be like? 

If Maryville was not 5 miles from Alcoa, and all those kids in that area played on one team! Can you image what those teams would be like?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Waker said:

If Milan, Peabody, Huntingdon or Mckenzie could get kids from all over the area like Alcoa does, no one would touch them either. Can you imagine what those teams would be like? 

You do realize that Maryville is about 8 minutes from Alcoa.  There are also 2 other 6A schools within 10 minutes.  Point is, obviously they have figured out the formula for success in Blount County, especially the Maryville and Alcoa programs.  Their youth leagues are the bar.  To say they get kids from everywhere is somewhat misleading.  These kids play together from an early age, I envy what they have.

Edited by logcabinman

42 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

You do realize that Maryville is about 8 minutes from Alcoa.  There are also 2 other 6A schools within 10 minutes.  Point is, obviously they have figured out the formula for success in Blount County, especially the Maryville and Alcoa programs.  Their youth leagues are the bar.  To say they get kids from everywhere is somewhat misleading.  These kids play together from an early age, I envy what they have.

You do realize Milan is 11 miles from Peabody. S Gibson and Gibson Co High Schools are less than that. Mckenzie is 10 miles from Huntingdon. W Carroll and Bruceton are less than that. Just because kids play together from a early age don’t make it right. 

Edited by Waker

On 11/28/2020 at 11:10 PM, BCsportsfan said:

This Alcoa team is similar to the 2016,2017,2018 and 2019 teams offensively.  But the 2019 and 2020 teams defense is on a totally different level. The 2015 team played great defense also, but not 2019 & 2020 good. Out of those two years this year is the best. If the Offense can continue to throw the ball like late in the season, they will bring back their 19th state championship.

Best Offensive teams were 2009 and 2010. By far the most physical. 

2015 D was better 19...regardless of the score against comparison

Booger just sayin :thumb:

In looking at some hudl highlights of Alcoa vs Red Bank it appears that Alcoa threw the ball around more than I am used to seeing from them. At least 14 completions that I saw. Most were shotgun and get the ball out to receivers fast on short routes of 10 yards or less. But there were a couple of shots down the field for touchdowns. One the receiver was wide open and another the receiver made a spectacular catch in double coverage. I wonder if this will be the case this Friday?  Owens for PC was a great quarterback and we picked him 3 times. I was surprised he didn’t try to scramble more than he did. Regardless we are going to have to get some turnovers like we did last Friday. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE