Milan vs Alcoa 3A State Championship

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Watched Milan on tape against Peabody and Covington....Milan has a lot of good looking athletes.  I think they have the athletes to be competitive and I think their defense will be very competitive with Alcoa.  While they have great looking athletes on offense, I think it will be difficult for them to generate many points on this Alcoa defense with the offense they run.  I see Alcoa 21  Milan 7

2 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So the latest Sonny Moore ratings has Alcoa at #2 and Milan at #7 with Alcoa being a 10pt favorite. Thoughts??  I can’t remember a 3A title game where both teams were ranked in the top 7 state wide. 

Let me ask you a question. Can I sit with you during this game after I visit with Murphy and show you my Murphy Fair book?

18 minutes ago, jake said:

Watched Milan on tape against Peabody and Covington....Milan has a lot of good looking athletes.  I think they have the athletes to be competitive and I think their defense will be very competitive with Alcoa.  While they have great looking athletes on offense, I think it will be difficult for them to generate many points on this Alcoa defense with the offense they run.  I see Alcoa 21  Milan 7

Milan made a major change to their offense after the Covington game by moving Anthony Brown from qb full time and going with Hayden Sullivan. Offense is much more dynamic now. Those two games you watched are not a good indicator of what will be run Friday. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I never said Peabody was as not the better team. They were the better team and I listed several reasons why. Easley played less than 5 snaps in that game so I should have been more specific. He is on the field every play now. Big difference. And yes line play won. A lot of that had to do with a veteran line returning and no live action or scrimmages for the team. And yes I know you didn’t have any either but when all of them have starting experience In the system under the current staff and we don’t that makes a huge difference.  Again Peabody was definitely the better team that night. Just listing my reasons why I’m my opinion. 

That makes perfect sense 

45 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Milan made a major change to their offense after the Covington game by moving Anthony Brown from qb full time and going with Hayden Sullivan. Offense is much more dynamic now. Those two games you watched are not a good indicator of what will be run Friday. 

I've noticed running more vanilla offense as of late too my hunch is we may see more on Friday then we have seen in recent games 

I know Milan will be the underdog going into this game, and rightfully so. Milan coaches and players will have the utmost respect for Alcoa. This doesn't mean they will fear them. I was interested to see how Milan would respond if they fell behind last week. After going down 13-0, Milan put together a solid, time consuming drive that resulted in a TD. I feel like that was the part of the game where Milan calmed down and knew they could play with PC. After the blocked punt on the ensuing PC drive, the momentum never stopped until the final score read 27-13. There is no doubt that Milan will face adversity of some kind against Alcoa. Last Friday will prove to themselves they can push through the adversity. Now, I'm not saying Milan will win or not because of the comeback last week, but it will help them at some point on Friday. Go Dawgs and everybody from Milan is pulling for you and believes in you!

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Ahh...What position did they move #1 to?  He was a heck of an athlete.