Milan vs Alcoa 3A State Championship

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

32 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

See this will be Milan’s 10th trip to the title game. I believe that is the most of any team from West TN. We have 4 gold and 5 silver balls. I know that it is far less than Alcoa’s but I am proud of our history and tradition. Is there a team in west TN that has been more that I am not thinking about??

Nope. No one even close

24 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I know union city has 4 gold and I think 2 silver. Peabody is going for their 4th gold and I believe they only have 1 silver. MUS and Christian brothers out of Memphis. It sure about. 

Lake County has 3 championships and 3 runner ups. Most came from late 70’s early 80’s. They had a dominant program from late 70’s till early 1990’s

3 hours ago, cofo said:

get over it ...T$$AA investigated Milan and found nothing....take a look at the east TN all star team...most Alcoa players have to use their GPS to know how to get to the school...last time Milan played the University of Alcoa their starting QB lived in Knoxville...his parents admitted it...you think im joking but im not....

You could live in NC and go to Alcoa and not be breaking the rules.

2 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

You could live in NC and go to Alcoa and not be breaking the rules.

The only taste Peabody ever got close to Alcoa was the semi finals in 2007. Goodpasture beat us 42-7 which they had guys from all over and Alcoa I think put a 50 burger on em that year. Peabody had a talented team, and a would’ve got embarrassed by the Randall Cobb lead Tornadoes. 

persoanlly, that team might be the best Peabody has had even though we have 3 state championship teams. Big all around and outstanding athletes 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

In 2014 CPA beat a first time starting QB in a 7-0 game that featured a phantom holding penalty at the end of the game that really handed a state title to CPA.  Alcoa ran over CPA in 2013 and 2015 and did so decisively.  The two games against Covington in 2017 and 2018 are much better barometers for Milan to go off of honestly.  The 2016 game against Liberty was close for a half but Alcoa imposed their will in the second half to pull away.  The same thing happened in the 2008 and 2009 games against Milan.  The 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2010 games against Goodpasture were like the 2019 game against Pearl-Cohn.  They were all colossal mismatches.  My favorite game is still the 2004 game against Huntingdon.  That game was a track meet and Huntingdon led it 41-26 early in the 3rd and then Alcoa took over the rest of the night.  

This Alcoa team is similar to the 2016,2017,2018 and 2019 teams offensively.  But the 2019 and 2020 teams defense is on a totally different level. The 2015 team played great defense also, but not 2019 & 2020 good. Out of those two years this year is the best. If the Offense can continue to throw the ball like late in the season, they will bring back their 19th state championship.

Best Offensive teams were 2009 and 2010. By far the most physical. 

Edited by BCsportsfan

This is something to note. This is the first that Milan has played outside of its brand spanking new stadium since the regular season. Will the Dogs be able to bring that same passion, energy, and juice to the field when they are not playing at Johnnie Hale? I believe they will. Will it be enough? That is the question.

I know that Milan is going to miss collecting the gate money from the reduced crowds and JH this coming game.... I guess they are going to have to give out more speeding tickets.... BE CAREFUL IF YOU COMING THROUGH MILAN!!! I have had 1 speeding ticket in my entire life and I got it coming into Milan. 

Milan loves their town and they want you to see it for a long time!!! Drive too fast and you will have to the town and the judge! 

• Like 1

I think we should start a new tradition. Roast your own town. 

Both of these teams are the most highly decorated teams in all of 3a football across the state. 1 is from the west and 1 is from the east... They meet in the middle to decide who gets the Gold! Story book matchup if you are a sports writer. I think it would be entertaining to see what some of the home posters have to roast about their own towns! 

GO! 

Really looking forward to attending this game Friday.   My best friend of 30+ years is the PA guy for Milan and I  did get to attend a game earlier this year and was really impressed with them.   Love the Milan running back but don't remember his name. Not real tall but built like a battering ram.  I was able to speak with him before the game and he was extremely humble and very respectful.   Love to see young men that know how to act in public.  Not to mention the kid is a hard running never gives up player.   I know Milan has their work cut out for them with Alcoa but it can be done.   

Either way,  looking forward to that one and the Oakland game which is my local team.  I've been the scoreboard operator at Oakland for the last 5 years so I reckon I'm partial to them.  

Go Dawgs, Go Pats!

Edited by ttitan27