Besty -  not interest 

Greeneville - not interest

Science Hill  - not intetested

DB and Blackman did not want to renew 

Knox West agreed to play

Maryville still playing 

Cookeville agreed 

Anderson County  -  not interested

Still need games! Step up OR, Farragut,  Bradley. Cleveland,  any Knoxville 5A or 6A !

Heard Diffee asked Rankin immediately after the game he if would do a home and home the next 2 years and declined. Said he was skeered. :)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PulaskiT said:

Milan is a solid football team. Alcoa was a better overall team. They had the #1 DLine in the state! Watching throughout the season The Mr. Football Finalist carried them on his back. He went absent the past couple weeks but why? Thinking it was the coaches idea to save him for the big game since he is a stud on Defense but he only got maybe 3 carries in this game. Gave them the couple first downs they had. I don’t understand why he didn’t play QB much in last couple weeks. The backup QB has potential but no where near a threat like him. If he started the whole year Milan would’ve not made it that far. I don’t know how they used the guy the whole year and not when it mattered most. No hard feelings but the Alcoa Defense had speed at all levels so why not ride #1. In all reality #1 is and should’ve been the guy not #5. #1 is finalist for Mr. Football so he should’ve got more touches that game. Alcoa is great but #1 would’ve gave them a better chance with the ball in his hands. #26 is way more effective when #1 is back there with him

I respect your opinion but I disagree. I watched every game this year and since the switch was made our offense was way more dynamic. Defenses could key on Brown when they knew where he was going to be every play. He was a good enough athlete to make plays any way. But moving around all over the field defenses couldn’t account for that. It got him out in space and made him way more difficult to defend. I agree with getting him the ball more in the championship game but putting #5 at qb was the right call. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

When I said that it wasn’t a shot at Milan more than it was a dig at a couple of Maryville posters.  Maryville has been so arrogant on CoachT for so long and now that they are clearly not the annual #1 in 6A their fans are angry about it.  Oakland has surpassed Maryville and stolen their thunder with Creasy & Co. there.  19 is greater than 17 and that’s a sore subject for so many to accept this morning.  20 will definitely be greater than 17 when it happens.  

Your remarks about Maryville are uncalled for.  

3 hours ago, Milanfootballislife said:

I’m going to jump on and steer this thread back to the Milan vs Alcoa championship game. I’ve been around on coach T since 2015 but don’t say much. My middle son was a senior on this year’s Milan team. In all honestly, a lot of our kids were star struck just being on the same field as Alcoa in a championship game. A huge chunk of were little boys when Alcoa played Milan in the 2008 & 2009 championship games and several have fathers/uncles that played on the 1998 & 1999 championship teams . Over the course of the week leading up to the championship several parents posted pictures of current players present at those games back in the day remembering those little boys saying back then that one day they would be back playing against Alcoa when they grew up. At the age of 7, my oldest used to sit in class at school and flip his worksheets over writing stories of Milan beating Alcoa. It was a dream to meet them on the field. My dad coached with Coach Tucker and my son followed in his footsteps in coaching the Bulldogs. He was on the sidelines yesterday as an coach. Coaching against Alcoa in the state championship was a dream of his since we took him to those championship games in 2008 & 2009. My senior was at those same games at the ages of 5 and 6. Playing against Alcoa in the state championship himself had been on these kids minds since they picked up footballs for the first time. So for them, yesterday was not just another Alcoa beat down. It was the fulfillment of many childhood dreams. Win or lose they made it to the dance. The road for this senior class hasn’t been easy. They have been through 3 head coaches, 3 OCs, and 3 DCs over the course of their high school careers. They have had coaches get into physical altercations in the middle of games and even have another coach hauled off in a cop car and thrown in jail. Half the town of Milan rooted for their failure since the first snap of the ball this season as an act of loyalty to the prior coach. These same people tried with all their might to get some of players to transfer schools as acts of loyalty to the previous coach and tried to provoke racial divides that were not there between the players. So needless to say, these players had been through heck. For the most part, this group of seniors had played together since they were in the 3rd grade and reaching the championship game together, in spite of all those that tried to tear their team apart this season was something to behold. A shutout in the championship game is a humiliating way to end anyone’s high school career but just getting there was the prize. I’ve never been as proud of taking a shut out defeat in all of my life. Milan is extremely proud of this team that has overcome so much and that silver ball represents so much more than just second place to our town. My third son doesn’t move into high school football for 4 more years, so until then...it’s been real coach t.  

great post....

4 hours ago, Dawgs100 said:

Where was the Alcoa faithful yesterday? I saw maybe 25-30 students, the rest of the fanbase was pretty sparse as well. Maybe it has gotten a little boring to some. OR maybe the knoxville, Gibbs, etc folks don't care to see their kids win games for Alcoa... Just a thought. Better watch out the T$$AA don't like to lose gate money. They might change the rules on you!!! 

I was there. Our side had a many fans as Milan's side. Trying to win at something, huh? Classic.