Besty -  not interest 

Greeneville - not interest

Science Hill  - not intetested

DB and Blackman did not want to renew 

Knox West agreed to play

Maryville still playing 

Cookeville agreed 

Anderson County  -  not interested

Still need games! Step up OR, Farragut,  Bradley. Cleveland,  any Knoxville 5A or 6A !

I believe CPA still needs 1 game.  That would be fun. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Look I know Alcoa folks are going to take it as bad mouthing them but I'm not. Oakland is the best team in the state regardless of division or classification. I personally think if Oakland played the tornadoes the score would be like the Oakland-Maryville game.

First, I'm not 'Alcoa folk', but I know great talent when I see it.  Secondly, I do think that Oakland is the best team in the state THIS YEAR.  That being said, Oakland beats you by smashing the ball down your throat.  And it's easy for them to do that to most teams.  Alcoa's defense this year was just as good if not better than anyone's in the state.  Watch their championship game if you don't believe me.  Their front 7 would be bigger, faster and stronger than anyone else that Oakland played.  You'd be hard-pressed to find any knowledgeable football fan or high school football guru that would say otherwise.  I would still pick Oakland to win by 7 or so, but Alcoa would definitely not get beat by 6 touchdowns.  I don't think they even gave up 6 touchdowns total in 15 games all year.  Blackman couldn't even cross midfield against them. 

Oh and in 2018, I would have paid good money to have watched Oakland play Greeneville.

Lastly, does anyone know how many TDs Alcoa's first-string D gave up all year?

Edited by TinPigskin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

We could make it week zero game!:thumb:

2013:  25-7 (Alcoa)

2014:  0-7 (CPA)

2015:  20-0 (Alcoa)

Those were 3 fun games.  The 2013 game had that lightning delay and started nearly 2 hours late.  Tyson ran wild that evening.  The 2014 game was Myers first start at QB for Alcoa and the game ended with Alcoa inside the CPA 15 yard line.  The 2015 game was just a methodical tail whipping.   

42 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

2013:  25-7 (Alcoa)

2014:  0-7 (CPA)

2015:  20-0 (Alcoa)

Those were 3 fun games.  The 2013 game had that lightning delay and started nearly 2 hours late.  Tyson ran wild that evening.  The 2014 game was Myers first start at QB for Alcoa and the game ended with Alcoa inside the CPA 15 yard line.  The 2015 game was just a methodical tail whipping.   

Alcoa's Offense with its huge Oline,  a loaded backfield and two very good QB's will make for a great team next season. 

It will be hard to have the same level of Defense. But, Coach Nix will have them playing great. 

On 12/5/2020 at 5:44 AM, BCsportsfan said:

Yes, winning the championship was fun , but getting to spend time with my good friend BPM was better, he is such a great fan and supporter of his Milan Dawgs! He loves his Community,  the community support and the new Milan Field. It is a beautiful field! I wish for him, the continued success and improvement with the Milan program in 4A!

Love ya Brother!:thumb:

Appreciate it man. Was good hanging with you guys as well. See y’all again in a few weeks. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TinPigskin said:

First, I'm not 'Alcoa folk', but I know great talent when I see it.  Secondly, I do think that Oakland is the best team in the state THIS YEAR.  That being said, Oakland beats you by smashing the ball down your throat.  And it's easy for them to do that to most teams.  Alcoa's defense this year was just as good if not better than anyone's in the state.  Watch their championship game if you don't believe me.  Their front 7 would be bigger, faster and stronger than anyone else that Oakland played.  You'd be hard-pressed to find any knowledgeable football fan or high school football guru that would say otherwise.  I would still pick Oakland to win by 7 or so, but Alcoa would definitely not get beat by 6 touchdowns.  I don't think they even gave up 6 touchdowns total in 15 games all year.  Blackman couldn't even cross midfield against them. 

Oh and in 2018, I would have paid good money to have watched Oakland play Greeneville.

Lastly, does anyone know how many TDs Alcoa's first-string D gave up all year?

Alcoa Defense gave up 6 tds, 1 - 2 point conversion, and 0 fields goals this yr for a total of 42 points 

rest of the points scored on us came from scoop and scores because our offense turned the ball over

so really our defense only gave up 2.8 points per game this yr with 11 shut outs . 

• Upvote 1

There's a Twilight Zone Episode about a man that wanted to win all the time and he traded his soul to do that until he couldn't lose for anything then he realized he created his own personal ale. Seeing that Alcoa can't be beat by any 3A teams and Gary refuses to move up I'm curious if you all aren't living in Gary's ale and haven't realized it yet. 

rodserlingfed_998x750.webp?width=590&hei

Edited by BarneySox2007