Milan vs Alcoa 3A State Championship

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

33 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

There's a Twilight Zone Episode about a man that wanted to win all the time and he traded his soul to do that until he couldn't lose for anything then he realized he created his own personal ale. Seeing that Alcoa can't be beat by any 3A teams and Gary refuses to move up I'm curious if you all aren't living in Gary's ale and haven't realized it yet. 

rodserlingfed_998x750.webp?width=590&hei

I'd rather live in the twilight zone then under a rock!!:roflolk:

image.png.1c30add54c87252d8d06312d4a0b7aa1.png

49 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

We appreciate both of these programs!  We had interviews with both Head Coaches and a couple of the key players.   If you missed our show today, the 3A portion of the show was at the 30 minute mark of this show.

Friday Main Event Blue Cross Bowl Coverage

Was a good show. Thanks for all you do

• Upvote 1

On 12/5/2020 at 7:21 PM, BCsportsfan said:

I was there. Our side had a many fans as Milan's side. Trying to win at something, huh? Classic. 

Not at all what was intended. However, you had very few fans from my point of view, it looked like the community doesn't really come out for an east Tennessee all star team.  That was my point. I can say it slower next time if needed!!!!

20 hours ago, TinPigskin said:

First, I'm not 'Alcoa folk', but I know great talent when I see it.  Secondly, I do think that Oakland is the best team in the state THIS YEAR.  That being said, Oakland beats you by smashing the ball down your throat.  And it's easy for them to do that to most teams.  Alcoa's defense this year was just as good if not better than anyone's in the state.  Watch their championship game if you don't believe me.  Their front 7 would be bigger, faster and stronger than anyone else that Oakland played.  You'd be hard-pressed to find any knowledgeable football fan or high school football guru that would say otherwise.  I would still pick Oakland to win by 7 or so, but Alcoa would definitely not get beat by 6 touchdowns.  I don't think they even gave up 6 touchdowns total in 15 games all year.  Blackman couldn't even cross midfield against them. 

Oh and in 2018, I would have paid good money to have watched Oakland play Greeneville.

Lastly, does anyone know how many TDs Alcoa's first-string D gave up all year?

I’m telling you right now, #2 for Oakland would eat all day against Alcoa’s defense! Alcoa’s team is great, but that kid is a step above anyone that played at Cookeville this weekend! I have no ties to either program, but have watched both play multiple games this year and Oakland would win by 21 points IMO. They had the best team in the state this year and will have the best team in the state next year as they are loaded with Juniors. And I say this without taking anything away from Alcoa. I think a Alcoa versus Elizabethon would be a more reasonable and comparable game to look for rather than Alcoa and Oakland. Oakland lit Maryville up by 42 points....let that sink in. I can’t remember or know if I’ve ever heard of a team doing that to Maryville. I’m just glad all of these teams are in Tennessee and we get to witness GREAT football. Congrats to Alcoa, Oakland, and all the rest of the State Championship teams! 

1 hour ago, Dawgs100 said:

Not at all what was intended. However, you had very few fans from my point of view, it looked like the community doesn't really come out for an east Tennessee all star team.  That was my point. I can say it slower next time if needed!!!!

My guess is that BC was talking about going somewhere to eat burritos before going to the game on Coach T that day and everyone that read it decided to set on the other side to save themselves.

26 minutes ago, JohnDutton said:

I’m telling you right now, #2 for Oakland would eat all day against Alcoa’s defense! Alcoa’s team is great, but that kid is a step above anyone that played at Cookeville this weekend! I have no ties to either program, but have watched both play multiple games this year and Oakland would win by 21 points IMO. They had the best team in the state this year and will have the best team in the state next year as they are loaded with Juniors. And I say this without taking anything away from Alcoa. I think a Alcoa versus Elizabethon would be a more reasonable and comparable game to look for rather than Alcoa and Oakland. Oakland lit Maryville up by 42 points....let that sink in. I can’t remember or know if I’ve ever heard of a team doing that to Maryville. I’m just glad all of these teams are in Tennessee and we get to witness GREAT football. Congrats to Alcoa, Oakland, and all the rest of the State Championship teams! 

LOL 

He would eat - LOL. Maybe the oline has something to do with that but no one would eat on the Alcoa defense. They might score late due to depth and maybe stop the offense causing the score to be 21-24 to let’s say 7ish but no. No one would eat

1 minute ago, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

LOL 

He would eat - LOL. Maybe the oline has something to do with that but no one would eat on the Alcoa defense. They might score late due to depth and maybe stop the offense causing the score to be 21-24 to let’s say 7ish but no. No one would eat

Put Oakland on the schedule for next year and we would all get to witness it! I’m not going to sit here and argue about something we will never see, but if Oakland and Alcoa played tomorrow Oakland would have to be the favored by 2 to 3 TDS. I want to know why you think different? They played a same opponent in Maryville. Alcoa lost and Oakland destroyed them by 42 points! Hard to justify your reasoning. It’s easy to say you could stop #2 for Oakland on the internet, but on the field would be a different story. Enjoy the championship, but don’t go barking up the wrong tree and thinking you could play with Creasy and his boys either!