Milan vs Alcoa 3A State Championship

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

4 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Milan fans whining about 2 point conversion for ANY reason is CLASSIC! :lol:

All your dawgs had to DO.....is stop them! :thumb:

And, I doubt for one second your coach had a problem about it like you'all..........:rolleyes:

No one, I repeat no one, is whining. The explanation given on this thread regarding the reason for the two point conversion was a false one according to your own coach. Don’t believe me? ASK HIM. I read this misinformation several times without disputing it but this last time calling it a class act move was just too much. He didn’t try to make it look like something it wasn’t. You shouldn’t either. I stated who I was several pages earlier. I also explained my thoughts regarding this game.  Nobody is whining or crying just correcting false information. You guys want to run a two point conversion with two minutes left in a shutout championship game? That’s cool. Do you. Just own it. Rankin had no problem owning it for what it was, you shouldn’t either. That’s all I have to say about it. 

13 minutes ago, Milanfootballislife said:

No one, I repeat no one, is whining. The explanation given on this thread regarding the reason for the two point conversion was a false one according to your own coach. Don’t believe me? ASK HIM. I read this misinformation several times without disputing it but this last time calling it a class act move was just too much. He didn’t try to make it look like something it wasn’t. You shouldn’t either. I stated who I was several pages earlier. I also explained my thoughts regarding this game.  Nobody is whining or crying just correcting false information. You guys want to run a two point conversion with two minutes left in a shutout championship game? That’s cool. Do you. Just own it. Rankin had no problem owning it for what it was, you shouldn’t either. That’s all I have to say about it. 

Rankin was simply trying to set up the ending to the game so that he could get Cox in the contest.  If he denied that then I’d like to see it.  He wanted the clock to be running so that he could get Cox on the field for the final snap of the game.  Fact!  

4 minutes ago, Milanfootballislife said:

This is my 2 cents. There were other chances to go for 2 points especially after the one they missed early in the game leading me to believe that must of been the case to get that kid in the ballgame. I'm sure to someone who didn't realize what was going on would see it in another way.  Now for me I'm glad he did because I gave someone 34 points and Milan at breakfast Friday Morning. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JohnDutton said:

Looks like someone done their research!  Point for you.  All jokes aside, would you not considered Rutherford County loaded with athletes.  I mean how many 6A schools are there now???  That's my reasoning for referencing to SEC of High School Football.  

What is Memphis then? NFC South or AFC South?

On 12/5/2020 at 9:05 AM, MarevulBigGal said:

All of these players you listed were very good high school lineman. 

Which of these Ruco players would you say was the best ?

Juaun Jennings

Master Teague

Brent Stockstill

Of those three I would say Juaun Jennings but my "best" would have to be Jacoby Stevens.  Senior safety for LSU.  In high school they lost to Whitehaven in the finals but he was an absolute dominant player at the high school level and has been very good at LSU.  He was projected last year at the end of the season as a second round NFL pick had he left then but since he came back for his senior year and LSU is so bad this year I'm sure his draft stock will drop significantly.

38 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

Of those three I would say Juaun Jennings but my "best" would have to be Jacoby Stevens.  Senior safety for LSU.  In high school they lost to Whitehaven in the finals but he was an absolute dominant player at the high school level and has been very good at LSU.  He was projected last year at the end of the season as a second round NFL pick had he left then but since he came back for his senior year and LSU is so bad this year I'm sure his draft stock will drop significantly.

Stevens looks like tweener. It will be interesting to see if he plays LB or DB at the next level.

tee hee hee

Edited by MarevulBigGal

2 minutes ago, MarevulBigGal said:

Stevens looks like tweener. It will be interesting to see if he plays LB or DB at the next level.

tee hee hee

He is definitely a tweener.  LSU had trouble at first trying to figure out where he would work best as well.  I'm afraid he may not have the speed to be a true cover safety but could work well as a linebacker with a little more weight put on.

On 12/7/2020 at 4:00 PM, JohnDutton said:

Looks like someone done their research!  Point for you.  All jokes aside, would you not considered Rutherford County loaded with athletes.  I mean how many 6A schools are there now???  That's my reasoning for referencing to SEC of High School Football.  

Well, the Alcoa D kept one of these large, athlete-loaded SEC teams from crossing midfield the entire game.  So there's that