Betsy vs Haywood 4A title game

Kruger77

19 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

That’s why you play the game... ima bring my guy @JacketLover to this.. 2017 was by far our best team pound for pound. Running passing, defense was elite! We ran into Springfield highly favored... we turned the ball over 5 times and lost 35-28... anybody can be beat, and the ball can bounce any type of way.. we know how well coached you you guys are and how talented you are. But we will show up, we will play hard, we will make y’all say ok, we gotta play. Our boys have had a back against the wall mentality since November of last year. Don’t be surprised at how good this game will be 

The 2017 Haywood team was stout, no doubt I think the main reason Springfield was able to win that game, aside from Haywood’s five turnovers (the Jackets had at two or three as well), is Haywood continuously tried to single cover our WR that was a Mr Football semi finalist in 2018. We hit him for two TDs on simple go routes inside the 40 in the first half. Haywood had their safety bracket him the entire second half. Hookfin got out coached in that game. 

I believe in this game, all things considered, Betsy should be a three touchdown favorite. Haywood has a chance, but I think it will be tough for them even if the Cyclones have multiple turnovers. I saw first hand what they have last year in the finals and the majority of that team is back. 

If we are talking about level of competition between the East and the West I would say the East is stronger at  the top. Elizabethton, Greeneville and Anderson County would be favored over any of the top tier teams from the West. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JMorton said:

I’m not expecting this to be a mercy game. If Betsy gets a comfortable lead they will sit on it like they did last year against Springfield. Witten’s philosophy is that no one will remember the score, they will only remember if you won or lost. Betsy could’ve kept scoring last year. But the second half was about ball control. 

Yeah, after Elizabethton went up 3 scores in the 3rd, the play calling was pure vanilla.

1 hour ago, Tab said:

Science Hill was not any good. They finished 4th in their conference. As for beating DB yes they did but DB lost 3 or their last 4 games they actually played. I get mad when people say a 6a team because just because they have a lot of students does not mean they are good in football. Noone ever says we played 3a Alcoa which beat DB too.                   Where do you get Elizabethton played great opponents? East, Central, Grainger,South, Cherokee, William Blount were all bad. Boone and Science Hill were average at best so was Greeneville first game. 2nd game Greeneville was good so I say that is only quality team Elizabethton has played. I still say they win by double digits Saturday.

Yup.

9 hours ago, JMorton said:

I’m not expecting this to be a mercy game. If Betsy gets a comfortable lead they will sit on it like they did last year against Springfield. Witten’s philosophy is that no one will remember the score, they will only remember if you won or lost. Betsy could’ve kept scoring last year. But the second half was about ball control. 

Yes, Witten did an excellent job of keep away from my hometown Jackets last year 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stacmot82 said:

the lack of respect from you guys out East is insufferable. Haywood county has a long tradition and history of football excellence that we’re working hard to revive. Any program that makes 4 straight semis is to be taken seriously

I really don’t think it’s anybody “disrespecting” Haywood. People,  myself included,  do talk this Betsy team up and we really don’t even have to do that.  Ask Springfield fans,  ask Greeneville fans,  ask Nolensville.  In no way does talking about Betsy being good mean disrespect to Haywood.  Haywood I’m sure is a very good team.  We will show up and play and see what happens.  Don’t get your feelings hurt on a message board.

6 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

I really don’t think it’s anybody “disrespecting” Haywood. People,  myself included,  do talk this Betsy team up and we really don’t even have to do that.  Ask Springfield fans,  ask Greeneville fans,  ask Nolensville.  In no way does talking about Betsy being good mean disrespect to Haywood.  Haywood I’m sure is a very good team.  We will show up and play and see what happens.  Don’t get your feelings hurt on a message board.

My feelings are never going to be hurt about high school football, sir :roflol:you know what they say about assumptions? 

On 11/28/2020 at 8:40 PM, BetsyCyclones16 said:

Not the biggest dline but quick and physical.  Stout linebacker in deuce Morton.  Secondary has playmakers all over.  One thing I’ve noticed over the year is you don’t see us cramming the box to stop the run so the secondary can play their position and they do it well.

Deuce Morton is the real deal, athlete and true STUD!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can't speak about Betsy because I know nothing about them.... They obviously have a great team or they would not be playing in Cookeville. 

I can speak to Haywood. They have a great coach, with some real athletes. From what I am reading they are big underdogs in this game. I would not count them out.... Haywood CAN win this game. 

I do not have much more than that.... but, Haywood can win this game. 

• Like 1