Betsy vs Haywood 4A title game

Kruger77

6 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

I can't speak about Betsy because I know nothing about them.... They obviously have a great team or they would not be playing in Cookeville. 

I can speak to Haywood. They have a great coach, with some real athletes. From what I am reading they are big underdogs in this game. I would not count them out.... Haywood CAN win this game. 

I do not have much more than that.... but, Haywood can win this game. 

No doubt. The talent is there. They haven't uncapped what they can do.

1 hour ago, 1Eugatnom said:

No doubt. The talent is there. They haven't uncapped what they can do.

I would say many teams would like to be where the Tomcats are right now. Huge underdogs in a state title game no one expects them to win. With everything they have overcome this year, they are in a perfect spot. Keep in mind a lot of the early struggles were due to virtually no offseason due to Covid and a converted d back starting for the first time at qb. He still has some hiccups like last Friday night when his throws are inexplicably off, but for the most part he is much improved and stepping up as a leader. The schedule was unkind, especially with all the cancels and not being able to play two weeks in a row. But that is water under the bridge. From what I have seen, the underdog label may be correct, but I have also seen some areas where HC has an edge, such as special teams. I know this coaching staff will adapt to the flow of the game and does know how to slow it down if need be. The d has discovered the infamous West Tennessee cutting technique used so frequently and it has made them much better. Not predicting a score, but I just don't see a mercy rule game here at all. Any given Friday...

Ok serious question for the Haywood folks. Not “disrespecting” anyone in anyway, so don’t get all out of place for asking. 

Looking at the numbers:

HAYWOOD     PF 351

PA 160

Avg PPG  25.1

Elizabethton  PF 614

PA 200

Avg 43.9

Does Haywood have the offense to go four quarters with the Cyclones?  Removing the Covid wins (which these numbers have not) from each team, plus using the available stats for each team, Betsy appears to be the better team.  The ‘clones are scoring more that Haywood by the half (31.9 avg ppg). Can the ‘cats D contain Rollins, Roberts, Hughes, Russell, Holly and Nate?  Betsy having a quality D line that controls the line of scrimmage and a hard nose tackling LB in Morton to lead a bend but not brake Defense that can go four quarters.  How big is Haywoods line?  Last year EHS was almost 70lbs bigger per lineman that the Jackets had and this is the same line from that Championship team.

22 minutes ago, gr8tplay said:

Ok serious question for the Haywood folks. Not “disrespecting” anyone in anyway, so don’t get all out of place for asking. 

Looking at the numbers:

HAYWOOD     PF 351

PA 160

Avg PPG  25.1

Elizabethton  PF 614

PA 200

Avg 43.9

Does Haywood have the offense to go four quarters with the Cyclones?  Removing the Covid wins (which these numbers have not) from each team, plus using the available stats for each team, Betsy appears to be the better team.  The ‘clones are scoring more that Haywood by the half (31.9 avg ppg). Can the ‘cats D contain Rollins, Roberts, Hughes, Russell, Holly and Nate?  Betsy having a quality D line that controls the line of scrimmage and a hard nose tackling LB in Morton to lead a bend but not brake Defense that can go four quarters.  How big is Haywoods line?  Last year EHS was almost 70lbs bigger per lineman that the Jackets had and this is the same line from that Championship team.

No doubt the matchup favors them on paper... anything else is speculation.  Only answer will come when they get between the lines. No disrespect taken. I will be interested in the speed matchup, special teams play and some intangibles.

31 minutes ago, gr8tplay said:

Looking at the numbers:

HAYWOOD     PF 351

PA 160

Avg PPG  25.1

Elizabethton  PF 614

PA 200

Avg 43.9

Our offensive line weight n height averages round 6-6’2 average weight around 290-310. From watching the tape on elizabethton your line play is very good, but their feet are caught in mud. I like the quickeness of our defensive line against that as well as there strength. Our coaches are good at taking away things on defense. I’m excited to see Hughes against jaylen Lewis #12 I’m sure he’ll be matched against him or Stewart. Both are 6’3 195 secondary players

7 minutes ago, gr8tplay said:

Rollins has been favoring his hamstring for a few games now. I too am excited to see how Hughes will match up. I know the depth that Betsy has on both side of the ball on the line.  Does any of your line play both sides?  Betsy doesn’t.  Secondary yes. 

Only 2 lineman plays both way. There mainly used on defense but on offense their used when needed. Our only 1 skilled guy truly plays both ways and that’s #10